Chess Board

“Hyung, do you really think Taehyung has done nothing?” Jungkook is still doubtful.

“Jungkook, the proofs are at your hand. And I sent the pictures you sent me to the experts, and they reported that some of them are photoshopped and others are real. The ones in which the man isn’t near Taehyung are the only legit ones. My men tracked down the man and you know what? He used to work for your father.” Jungkook’s face pales at Yoongi’s words. This means his lack of thoughts and mindless rage just put Taehyung through a nightmare. 

“But.. but.. Hyung where was he when omma was killed?” Though Jungkook’s question was directed towards Yoongi, Jin answered, “He was with Jihyun and I was following them.” Jungkook was speechless, and Jin continued, “I heard Jihyun talking to someone about staying alert and removing all family members from Mrs. Jeon’s cabin for a while. Your father was also with them. I did not find it alarming at all. But when your father said him best of luck and thanked him for removing his burden of life, I started to doubt. Then I decided to follow Tae and your friend and found him forcing Tae to drink. The bouncers almost threw me out of the club saying it’s a private one, that’s when I left.”

Jungkook’s face was red and his breath sounded ragged, “then why didn't you tell me?” A sad smile crept on Jin’s lips, “I texted you everything Jungkook, but you replied with a “shut up.”” Suga felt less burdened as he could finally prove Taehyung innocent, “By the way Jungkook, where is Taehyung? I know the boy might have felt guilty after everybody kept on saying he is the murderer. Afterall, he loves Omma the most, probably even more than you.” 

Jungkook was visibly shaking at this, he never thought his mindless action could turn out to be harmful. To punish Tae, he let him rot in the darkness of the basement without food and water. But what about the fear, anxiety and guilt that the  boy has to tackle all alone? His ego never let him think about it.

He could not bear anymore and rushed towards the basement. He expected a crying Taehyung to sit there, but the dark room was empty. It is not easy to leave the basement and only his father can access this place other than him. Now everything makes sense to him. His father kept his promise. He took away Taehyung from him and he and his studpid ego are responsible for this. He rushed back to his Hyungs for help, “Hyung Taehyung is not there.” Suga looked clueless, “Where should Tae be? Call and ask him.”

“Hyung I left him inside the basement, and now he is … he is gone.” He was almost choking on his tears. It is rare for Suga to get angry but this is not the situation when he can just calmly sit back, “What did you just say? You kept him in the basement without even knowing if he is guilty or not!!! Jungkook, though I have always loved you as my little brother, I don’t think you deserve love. You are a selfish person just like your father. You have become a monster Jungkook. It was our mistake to pair Taehyung up with you. If his life is ruined you are the one responsible. We will find Taehyung and I promise I will protect him from you, for the rest of my life.” Suga left the mansion without a second word with Jungkook and Jin silently followed him. For the first time in life, he is seeing Mr. Jeon’s reflection in Jungkook and he hates it, he fears it.

___________________________________________________________________________

The darkness of the room wasn’t enough for Jungkook to hide, and seek comfort. He did not know where to go. He has grown up under the influence of his father as a child and probably tried his best to not be like him. But today he was sure, the blood in his veins did not lie. He is a monster, just like his father and that’s why he destroyed the angel he was blessed with. Jungkook does not care if Taehyung stays with him anymore. He just wanted Taehyung to stay safe and alive.  Now that he knows everything was done by none but his own father, he wants answers for everything. 

Mr. Jeon’s room was dark, he was smoking calmly while sitting with his back towards the door. When the door bursts open, a smile comes on his face, “Jungkook, I was expecting you. You are a bit late though.” The thick dark calmness of the room was shattered when Jungkook yelled at him, “Why, why did you do this to me? Why my mom?” Mr. Jeon looked equally composed, “You don’t remember? I promised you that I will ruin everyone close to you if you steal the boy from me. You did and I kept my promise.” Jungkook could not stand anymore, he fell on the ground with a thud, “You wanted revenge, you could have done that to me. Why my mother and where have you taken Taehyung?”

Mr. Jeon faked his surprise, “O, you know he is gone? Well we wanted to play a small game. I am a businessman and very just. I will give you an option, his life or your life. Now because you are my son, I will let you choose.” Jungkook almost rushed towards his father who took out a gun from his pocket, “Mr. Jeon, I choose me. You take my life and release him. Let him go. I will sign everything under my name to you. You can own my company and all other properties that will compensate for your monetary loss. Just let him go. He is a young boy, and has many years to live. He deserves happiness. Please, please, I beg of you, just let him live.” 

Mr. Jeon seemed very unbothered at this; he lifted Jungkook up, “Well, lets see son. Now that I have heard your preference, I will give you a last chance to talk to your husband. Let’s go and say Goodbye to him.” 

___________________________________________________________________________

Jungkook has no idea where this car is heading, all he knows is that he was kept somewhere that nobody from outside can even hear his scream. His hands were tied and he was blindfolded. He was exhausted and wanted this to be over soon. He is not afraid of death, he just fears that he needs to convince Tae to leave him. Then he remembered how he behaved with Tae. He was sure that there was not much need to convince Taehyung. After that day, Tae probably hates him the most. Though he felt relieved that this will help Tae make his mind, at the same time, this thought pierced his heart. 

“Suga Hyung is right. I don’t deserve love, I don’t deserve him. The only thing that I deserve is this. Mom, Jiu, I am coming, just take me in with open arms.”