Close yet far

The night is passing slowly and every minute is feeling like an hour. Taehyung is tossing and turning on the bed . He cannot decide what is bothering him more - the excitement of  being Jeon Taehyung tomorrow or the fear of his uncertain future with his love of life. He kept on reminding himself that he is supposed to be a caring husband and he  will do it for Jungkook. He would never expect anything from him. A lone tear escaped his eyes; he prayed everyday to get a chance of experiencing Jungkook’s love, at least once in his lifetime. Slowly he fell asleep to prepare himself for a new beginning.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tae could not take his eyes off Jungkook who wore the suit he bought for his marriage with Jiu. They took the vows together and put rings on each other. Jungkook looked very calm and never showed a single sign of agitation. Not only Tae but all the hyungs were careful about his vulnerable heart and all of them kept a close eye on him. Tae’s heart started thumping loudly as soon as he heard the priest saying, “You may kiss the groom.” This will be their first intimate moment and he expected Jungkook to sternly deny it. But he felt a soft pull on his waist and he collided with Jungkook’s chest. He felt Jungkook’s lips on his forehead. He smiled happily; Jungkook kept his request and he did not disrespect their marriage. 

The guests list was short and was only limited to close relatives and friends. Jungkook got busy with the guests leaving Tae behind, but Tae’s  eyes kept following his husband. His eyes suddenly landed on their rings. Jungkook’s ring finger had Jiu’s ring and he removed the one Tae put on him. He felt a stab on his heart; he could not cry in front of the guests but he realised it won’t be easy to share his love of life with another person. He kept his head down for the rest of time and started waiting for a chance to go to his room and cry his heart out. 

Jungkook returned with a glass of red wine in his hand, “Taehyung you should also join my friends for dinner. They want to meet you and …” before he could finish he saw Tae’s red eyes. “Are you alright? You look exhausted and not so well. Do you want to rest?” Tae finally got the opportunity he wanted and did not hesitate to take it. Jungkook saw Tae leave hurriedly and he concluded there was something off and he needed to talk to him.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tae’s rose lip tint got all over his face. His nose and cheeks are red as he sobbed on his bed. A sudden knock alerted him and he wiped out his tears to meet the visitor. It was none but Jungkook with a plate of food in his hand. “Bear, if there is something bothering you, you can tell me without hesitation. I will not judge you. If you are not feeling good about the marriage, my offer to you still stands. You can leave any day you find a person who will love you with their everything. I will not mind stepping away for your happy future. Until then, just think of me as a friend!” Before his words could finish Tae jumped on him and hugged him tightly. 

“Jungkook, please never think that I am unhappy in this relationship. It is just… our ring. Can you please wear our ring on any other finger? I know you don’t love me but it’s just a way to accept our social marriage.” Jungkook immediately smiled and wore the ring on his right hand-middle finger. “Now Tae, your ring is on my ring-finger too.”

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyung and Jungkook took two sides of the bed while keeping a distance between them. Jungkook woke up in the middle of the night to see Tae hugging him to sleep. He was about to remove Tae from his body, but he looked extremely cute with his bread cheeks and long lashes. His head rested on Jungkook’s chest and he looked so cuddly. Kook whispered to the sleeping boy, “you look like a baby bear in sleep.” He smiled and closed his eyes happily. Finally, he feels happy, unburdened.

But, there was someone in this city, who was not happy. He was enraged and was more interested in seeking vengeance than celebrating the business tycoon’s marriage. His hand that held the glass of alcohol was shaking badly as he watched the news on the TV. 

“How could you forget her this easily?” A scream echoed through the big room and soon it was followed by a glass-breaking sound. “You think you will live happily after killing her? You are the one who should have died, not her. I hate you and trust me, I will never let you live happily. I will make you beg for death. I promise, one day, you will find death to be more tempting than life and that day is coming closer.”