Truth and Dare

The morning sun is very pretty, Jungkook cannot even take his eyes off the soft light that is gliding on the leaves of the indoor plants kept by his window. Tae indeed has a good taste and the thought brought a smile to his face. He is now more or less recovered and he does not need to visit the therapist every now and then. Though he is at peace, his relationship with Taehyung is still awkward. Both of them try their best not to come near each other. Jungkook thinks it’s because Taehyung does not have any feelings left for him anymore, while Taehyung thinks he needs to give Jungkook space to settle and get back to normalcy. Even though they try to avoid each other, neither Kook nor Tae forgets to take care of the other. 

Though Taehyung’s life has not changed drastically, he stays busy a lot. His paintings have received much praise in exhibitions and hence he is trying to set up a shop where he could have his paintings for sale. Jungkook was eager to take part in it but Taehyung denied it strictly and the other accepted it. However, Jungkook’s life changed a lot from the day he attempted suicide. He is no longer the business man Jungkook, a busy and workaholic grumpy man always hard on people, whether it’s himself or others. 

Now, Kook has started filling his days with different things that he thinks can heal his pain from the past and may give solace to his aching heart that longs for Taehyung. One thing Jungkook discovered is that he has a knack for painting too and he wanted to try it out. He remembered attending painting lessons and liking it a lot. So now he has again joined painting classes and during his off-time he volunteers at an orphanage. Being with these children makes him feel like he is a child too. His childhood was traumatic, insecure and he always felt unloved. To him, spending time and playing with the children  are like a chance to feel loved. 

As he was sipping his black coffee and munching on a cookie he got for himself, while staring outside the window, he felt a warmth consuming his heart, filling it up with a fuzzy happy emotion to the brim. Taehyung was passing by his room, saw this view in front of him. His heart skipped a beat and his eyes could barely hide his fondness for his Jungkookie. The big bad boy is looking like a child and he sometimes behaves like one too. Now that Jungkook lives with them, Mrs. Kim treats him like his son. She is very thankful to Mrs. Jeon for taking care of Taehyung like his mum and filling up her space when Taehyung was living at Jeon's and needed a mother. So, she is also trying to fill up the absence of mother in Jungkook’s life. Her love and care have turned Jungkook into a clingy child who follows her inside the house all the time he is at home and listens to her blabbering. Jungkook isn’t very talkative but he listens very well. Taehyung sometimes behaves as if he is jealous when his mum praises  Jungkook but on the inside, he laughs at this. 

Jungkook has also started warming up to Bogum and they are like two bros. Though Jungkook sometimes gets jealous when Bogum talks about Taehyung, he manages to calm himself down with the promise that he will support Taehyung’s decision even if it hurts him. The only person he could not manage to form a truce with is Mr. Kim. He is not a very strict person but he cannot forgive  Jungkook for his past actions. Though Jungkook apologized to him for hurting Taehyung, he could not bring his mind to forgive his son-in-law. 

All his life, he tried his best to treat his son like a Prince, stayed like a wall in front of him so that no harm could reach him, but Jungkook managed to break him. Though he is thankful to Jungkook for saving his life, he does not want to burden his son with gratitude. Therefore Mr. Kim still favors Bogum over Jungkook as his son's life partner and often asks Taehyung to divorce Jungkook and marry Bogum.

Taehyung was hesitating disturbing Jungkook and was about to go, but Jungkook spotted him before he could leave. “Is there anything you want, Tae? Come in.” 

Tae took a seat in front of Jungkook and saw his face radiating with a soft and gentle smile. 

“Are you free in the evening? There is a party that I want you to attend.”

Jungkook got a little bit confused; today is his birthday and he never expected Taehyung to remember it. he never thought Taehyung would arrange a birthday party for him but he had butterflies in his stomach. O yes! This means he cares. But soon his smile was soon taken away as Taehyung told him, “I am getting engaged to Bogum and our engagement party is tonight.”

Authors note: Hi, hope you all are doing well! Here is another update! Just letting our big baby get a chance to heal before he can present himself as a perfect suitor for Taehyung. The next part is half written and I will update on Friday. Hope the readers like this chapter.
Take care of yourself and don't forget to smile. See you soon. 💜😃