Lightyears

The office cabin that is otherwise plain is flooded today with flower bouquets, sent by employees, friends and other associates to welcome Kim Taehyung to the company. Taehyung never expected such an overwhelming welcome and he felt a bit uneasy when everybody was hyping him. He was more than worried about the office work but he was also hopeful that things will not turn out bad with Jungkook by his side. 

Jungkook these days has become a bit daring and often looks for opportunities to hug and kiss his husband. He is very much ready to compensate for the time he lost because of his own dumbness. After Jungkook’s assistant left the couple alone in the cabin, it was Jungkook who lifted him and placed him on his desk. He could sense Taehyung’s anxiety and decided to make him relax a bit. 

“Now that my prince is on the throne, can you tell me, how may I help you?” Before his words could finish, Taehyung jumped in his arms, “I am scared Jungkook. I am not used to working with people and I cannot calm my mind outside our home. I am reminded of my first day in Seoul. I feel helpless and insecure and I cannot help this feeling. I know you and ommoni try your best to keep me safe but I don't know…” Hesitation is clear in his voice. 

“Who is taking you out of home? Just like you are my home, don’t you think, I am your home too? I don’t care whom I have to fight, but I promise that even if the world ends, I will protect you, even if it costs my own life, I will keep you safe. Please don’t live with the fear that you will be harmed. Please…” Jungkook could sense his shirt getting wet, Taehyung’s head was still on his chest, so he could not see his tears. He just let the boy cry in his embrace. Afterall, Taehyung needs to unburden himself. 

___________________________________________________________________

Jungkook was staring at Taehyung in awe; the Daegu boy is a swift learner and it took him only hours to learn the procedures. He was also very attentive throughout the meeting and gave valuable inputs which even made his experienced employees admire the new employee. Taehyung indeed knows Daegu more than anyone else. He is very positive that it will not take a long time to launch their new tour programme. He was supposed to be happy but a sad pout made through his lips when Taehyung was busy jotting down the notes from the meeting.

Jungkook wanted Taehyung’s attention and that was the first reason to involve him in an office project but now his husband is not even sparing a glance at him. “Am I getting boring? So boring that I don’t deserve your attention?” Jungkook’s words brought a smile and blush on Tae’s face. He is fond of this project and he almost forgot that Jungkook was with him too. The moment his eyes landed on his big baby, he got up. A sweet kiss landed on the cheek of the sulking Jungkook and his face visibly brightened up. 

“Guys, am I interrupting something?” Jihyun’s voice echoed in the room and immediately Tae drifted away from Jungkook. “Bro, I think you should go and check with the Daegu hotels as soon as possible. Then we can launch the whole project in a few days. I am not sure if taking too much time will be helpful or not.” Jungkook is very hesitant about whether to leave Tae alone or not. But he has to do his part of the job without prioritising his own thoughts. “Jihyun, will you take care of my Tae? I will be back in a day and I don’t want Jimin hyung to worry about us. I don’t have the courage to trust my father yet. Please will you keep him safe with you?” Jungkook almost teared up and sounded desperate.

“Bro, calm down. I will take care of him. I always wanted to give back the favours you have done to me and this is a good chance. You go and come back safely. We have a lot of work to do together.” Jihyun’s assurance meant a lot to Jungkook. He knows he can trust his bro and he signed in relief.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has only been hours since Jungkook left and Tae is already missing him. Though he is not a clingy type of a person, his mind is giving him all sorts of negative thoughts once Jungkook left. Though he promised to contact him as frequent as possible, Tae is still worried about facing Mr. Jeon at home. 

“Taehyung, is there anything you are worried about?” Jihyun’s concerned voice broke Tae’s train of thoughts. “No, nothing really, it’s just. You know..” He could not collect his words to give a prompt and proper reply. “See Taehyung, you know when Jiu noona started dating Jungkook, I took him as my brother. So in a way, you are a person who is very important to me. I know you are afraid of Mr. Jeon and if I would have been in your place, I would do the same. Don’t worry, I will keep you safe. You can stay with me for tonight and tomorrow you can go back to the mansion when Jungkook returns. Does it sound good? I will also get a chance to share Jiu noona’s memories with you. I cannot tell it to Jungkook because it will open his wounds, but I think you will be interested in listening.” A sadness shadowed the usual happy face of Jihyun. 

“I will, I will listen to you. Let’s go then.” Tae replied with a gentle smile.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You know she used to be so pretty that even the most popular boys of the class dreamed of dating her.” Jihyun kept blabbering about his sister. Taehyung is already too drunk to register his words. He does not drink much but today when Jihyun decided to empty his heart in front of him, he just could not say no. He kept on drinking to accompany the sad and lonely boy. His eyes were already red and he was about to pass out at any moment. 

Jihyung kept checking on him and when he was sleepy, he carried Tae to the spare bedroom of the club. He turned on a dim light with a smile and closed the door, “Have a nice night, sweety.” Even with the loud noise of the club, Taehyung seemed to sleep peacefully. 

___________________________________________________________________

Jungkook reached the hotel but he was missing Taehyung. He would have brought Tae with him, but he needs to attend a bunch of meetings and Tae might not enjoy this. At this hour, he is totally tired. He just wanted to call Tae and check up on him and sleep. 

“The number you are trying to reach is currently out of service.” A fear crept in Jungkook’s mind as soon as he dialled Taehyung's number. He immediately dialled Jihyun and he picked up, “bro, is Taehyung alright? He isn’t receiving my calls.” Jungkook’s voice seemed worried. “No worry bro, he was with me minutes ago. I just left him saying good night.” His words relieved jungkook. He is thankful that he has someone like Jihyun who he can trust. “Thanks bro.” “not yet brother, so many favours are yet to return.'' A smirk came on Jihyun’s face which was hard to interpret.

___________________________________________________________________

Author's note:
Sorry, it took me around a week to update. I actually wrote three chapters in between. I personally dislike cliffhangers and so I try not to do that to my story. Therefore I wrote all those chapters first so that I can update with small breaks. Here goes a chapter. Hope you will enjoy it. I have another chapter to edit which will be published tonight or tomorrow morning.
Take care readers. Keep safe. Smile a lot.
💜