Stabbed by Cupid

The hall was studded with bright lights and white lilies; Suga and Jungkook waited at the podium for Jimin to come down. Suga is extremely happy today; he does not know how much time he has got with Jimin but he is ready to make numerous memories with the person he treasures the most. A soft smile kept lingering on his face and his heart was beating rapidly because finally the day has come when he can call Jimin his husband.

Jungkook was standing only a few inches away from Suga and even the well-lit hall looked dark to him. He waited for weeks to see his Daegu boy and his heart is almost craving his presence. His eyes were impatiently searching for Taehyung and his luck wasn’t on his side. A sigh left his chest; “This is what people call loneliness even when there is a crowd around.” 

Suddenly the whole hall became silent and a soft tune started playing. His eyes fall on his brother coming down the staircase. White suit and rose bouquet in hand, Jimin looked like a heavenly angel. But Jungkook’s eyes were busy admiring a certain someone who was accompanying Jimin. He knew Tae is handsome in all senses but today his words were failing to praise him. He was so busy staring at Taehyung he did not even realise when Jimin reached the podium. 

Jungkook could not take his eyes off his husband. He was not sure how to talk to Taehyung because things have been awkward and he does not know if he will ever receive his  forgiveness. He felt a lump at the back of his throat as his mind got crowded with doubts and fear. 

Taehyung wore a white suit but his one was simple. A dangly earring adorned his right ear which went perfectly with his black soft hair. Jungkook remembered the day he got married. “Did he look prettier than this?” He kept on questioning himself. Soon his question was replaced by a regret, “Why didn't I pay more attention to him?” 

 Soon his question was replaced by a regret, “Why didn't I pay more attention to him?” 

(Taken from Google, copyright to the original image owner)

Jungkook’s father was sitting at the front and he wanted to stay alert throughout the ceremony to avoid any issues caused by him. Though he has forgiven him, he still has his doubts on Mr. Jeon. But his senses seemed to be knocked out by a gorgeous-looking Taehyung who was standing behind Jimin with a boxy smile. Jimin’s vows reminded him of his ones. He regretted saying them half-heartedly without sincerity. Today he felt not only guilty for Jiu but for Taehyung too. The innocent boy never did anything to him, but he had successfully damaged him. 

The ceremony ended with a kiss between the grooms and Suga took Jimin in his arms. A passionate and gentle kiss was exchanged and Jungkook saw how happiness brightened up Jimin’s face. He took a brief moment to stare at Taehyung’s heart-shaped lips. They look so soft and tempting but he does not know how they tasted.
At this point, he has lost count of how many regrets he has. He regrets not sealing his marriage vows by kissing Taehyung on his lips. He lost the chance to see a happy and blushy Taehyung. His selfishness blinded him and never let him see how his husband felt on the most special day of their togetherness, their marriage. Tears kept streaming down his eyes - he is not sad anymore, he is pitying himself now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyung was not very convinced about how to hold himself when he will be together with Jungkook and Mr. Jeon in the same room. He was scared, and hesitant but Jin’s assurance supplied him strength. He decided to go with Jimin and leave as soon as the ceremony ends. He was almost trembling while getting down the stairs but his eyes met Jungkook. He looked enchanted and honestly, Tae enjoyed it. He is more accustomed to seeing Jungkook ignoring him, but today his eyes were dripping with affection and passion. But, Tae does not trust his feelings around Jungkook anymore. 

Everytime Taehyung has tried to go near him, not as a lover, but as a life partner and friend, Jungkook has pushed him away. The feeling of being in a relationship with an unreciprocated lover is pure agony and he does not have any more power left in him to take another blow from the person he loves the most. He decided to avoid this whole thing, yet his heartbeat seemed to neglect his command, beating rapidly each time he felt Jungkook’s eyes on him.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jungkook tried his best to go near Taehyung; The young boy is a social butterfly and he seems to make friends with people very fast. Namjoon was present at the wedding and soon Taehyung joined him. Jungkook made an effort to take Taehyung away from him, but Jimin dragged his baby brother away. Jimin also noticed Jungkook’s desperate tries but he decided to make him suffer a bit more. “You made Tae suffer a lot, and therefore it is your punishment.” a playful smirk came on his lips as he gave him the responsibility to attend the guests. 

Things started getting overwhelming only minutes later when he saw Park Bogum holding Tae’s hands and hugging him with a smile. His heart was almost about to burst and he could not take it anymore. He never weighed the chance of Taehyung being taken by someone else, but now he fears it. He has promised to let Taehyung go when he wishes, but he does not seem to be ready today. His jealousy confirmed that he read his feelings wrong the day he made this promise.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jungkook sat outside, in the back garden. This part of the mansion is dark and lonely. He kept shading tears holding his empty wine glass. He wanted to finish the whole bottle to numb the pain he was experiencing. He felt like someone was stabbing his heart repeatedly and the piercing pain was spreading all over his body. He wiped out his tears when he heard some soft footsteps approaching.

“So, I guessed right. You are here. Hyungs are looking for you, Jungkook. You should be inside.” The smooth deep soothing voice of Taehyung seemed to have a healing power. Jungkook shakily got up and called Taehyung’s name who was about to leave. Jungkook’s raspy teary voice stopped him on the track. 

He turned around to see Jungkook kneeling on the ground with his hands clasped, “Taehyung, I know you are angry with me, but please listen to me once.” Taehyung did not answer and remained silent, “I want to apologise before anything else. How I treated you was sin. I selfishly thought only about myself. I never thought about you. I have always tried to see our relationship from my perspective,...” A sad smile flashed on Taehyung’s face, “You don’t need to think about our non-existent relationship. Just like I agreed, I will play your husband in front of the world. You will not see my face when only the two of us will be in the mansion.” A loud “No” left Jungkook’s mouth. He is the one who broke the lovely boy but now he is not ready to deal with the consequences.

“No, no, Taehyung, don’t say this. Punish me in some other way but please don’t keep on hurting me like this. I know I have been a bad husband but now I am weak in front of you. Please, please, don’t say you will leave me. I will not be able to endure.” He started sobbing, keeping his head on the ground near Tae’s feet. “But why Jungkook? You never cared for me. You always saw me as a mean person who will separate you from Jiu Noona. Then why now? I went through this pain too. Whenever you behaved like I had no worth in your life, I felt like dying. When I am trying to collect myself after you shattered my heart, why are you saying these things?” Tae looked calm on the outside but his heart was experiencing a storm. 

Taehyung’s words pierced his heart. He lifted his head and his teary eyes met with Taehyung. Before the boy could say anything more, Jungkook replied, “I love you Taehyung. I love you with every single particle of my being.” 

Author's note: Thank you for reading my story. 'Destined to be' just reached 1k read and I cannot express how thankful and happy I am. I started with a lot of doubt, and I still have some. But I want to keep going. Sometimes I feel "Thanks" is an inadequate word to convey my sincerity. But still, Thank you for reading.
Take care and stay safe 💜💜☺