The Game is On!

Jungkook, Jimin and Suga are chatting at the dining table; Jimin is very happy because he felt exactly like it used to be before anything fateful happened to their family. Back then, Jimin would always tease Jungkook about his food habit, fitness obsession and Suga would watch the two with a loving gaze. Today it was the same. Taehyung has not got the permission to come out of his room yet and the doctor has strictly suggested bed rest. Jungkook has already fed him his breakfast and let the puppies in so Tae doesn’t get bored. 

Jungkook has become a master actor in the last few days; he is acting perfectly to hide the storm in his mind. Taehyung is not the same anymore. He has kind of withdrawn himself and ignores Jungkook at any chance he gets. He does not talk to him freely and his answers mostly end in a word. Jungkook wants him to open up more. Since, in this house Taehyung is not close to anybody, he is worried about his mental health. He would love to talk to Jimin but this time he does not want to burden others. He decided he would wait patiently for Taehyung to trust him again. 

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyung is sitting on the bed looking like a burrito wrapped in his white fluffy blanket. The puppies are all sleeping beside him. He got out of the bed with wobbly steps. He is still too weak to walk around normally. He stood in front of the mirror of their washroom. He stared at his face. He looked like a lifeless person who had lost his reason to live. He needs to put effort into smiling. Every time he is alone, tears come down his eyes. He never imagined his life like this. 

He has always been a happy child living in the gorgeous and lively nature of the countryside. He wanted to have a loving partner who would cherish him like a precious gem. Now he feels nothing more than an unwanted piece of furniture to his husband. His smile has always made others better but today he himself wants to get back his smile to get better. He does not know what is hurting more? Not being able to show that he is in pain or understanding that Jungkook’s promises are mostly hollow. He understands that Jungkook does not value him but does he deserve to be treated like a useless thing? He has never harmed anyone but he himself bears so many wounds. Even painting cannot give him the solace he wants in life. He felt lonely, incredibly lonely.

A knock interrupted his thought and he soon washed his face to remove the tear stains off his face. He put on a fake smile and came out of the washroom. It’s Suga hyung with Tae’s favorite Strawberry shake. “Baby, I made it for you. Check if hyung has done good?” His smooth, soft voice was like an ointment that was soothing Tae’s mind. “Hyung, it’s great.” Tae answered even before he tasted it. “I know you think hyung is a good cook, but you should check before complimenting.” Suga speaks exactly like his mother and Tae’s eyes teared up at the thought. He took a big gulp from the glass to stop showing his feelings.

“Tae, you are my baby brother and I care for you. I know you still don’t feel as comfortable around me and probably hold yourself from sharing your feelings with Jimin Hyung. But, trust me on one thing, we love you as much as we love our Kookie. We will scold him if he hurts you anyway. If there is anything bothering you, come to me. I know I am not great at comforting, but I am great at one thing -taking care of my family.” 

Before he could realize Tae’s control on his emotion was gone, he sobbed hard on Suga’s shoulder, “Hyung, do you think I am a bad person? I don’t want to take Jiu noona’s place but what can I do if I fall in love with Jungkook? He thinks I am a greedy person but I am not. Hyung I feel burdened. My whole life, I have never imagined being accused of something like this, especially by the person I love the most. Hyung, can you arrange for me to get back to Daegu? My home.” 

Suga understands what Tae is going through; the feeling of having no one by one’s side is overwhelmingly painful. He also wants Taehyung to have some break from the Jungkook but he also fears Mr. Jeon’s minions can harm the young boy. “Tae, you cannot go back to Daegu. What if Mr. Jeon’s men again try to do something?” Tae’s stern reply shocked Suga, “I don’t care anymore.” 

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jungkook is generally busy at this hour but now he is just sitting there mindlessly turning the pages of a file. He needs to start working on his new  project but he cannot concentrate. Last night, he woke up to a sobbing sound and realized it’s Tae who was standing by the window crying for being a “worthless person”. He never thought his selfish actions would have crumpled down a confident person like Tae to think so lowly of himself. Jungkook felt bad for not taking care of his husband. He remembered what Jimin hyung told him, “Jungkook Jiu is a part of your life, but Taehyung is your present and future. Don’t be so rash with him, because you might end up with regrets one day for not being good to Tae.”

Suddenly he heard his secretary entering his cabin. Before he could ask something, his heart almost stopped, “Sir, Senior Mr. Jeon has tried to take his life in prison. Police have asked you to contact them immediately.”

_________________________________________________________________________

The lonely apartment in Seoul got busy in the last few days. He never left the house after losing his sister but now he is ready with his traps. He has already set them, now it's time for the fools to get caught in them. He turned on the TV and the news flashed, “Business Tycoon Mr. Jeon tried to take his life.” A smirk came on his face, “Well done, Mr. Jeon. The game has begun. Jeon Jungkook here I come.”

Author's Note: As I have promised, here is a new chapter. Hope my readers like it.

Take care of yourself and stay happy 💜