Shattered

Jungkook was again helpless. He could see his brother lying unconscious attached to IVs but he could not really do anything. Jimin was admitted to hospital and Jungkook had no clue about what happened to him. He had always seen Jimin smiling and full of life, the thought of not having him beside was even more scary to him than his own death. He was waiting for Suga to arrive but his hands were clasped and he was constantly praying to God to give his Jimin back. He was more than ready to give up his own life to have his brother back. Doctors were coming in and out of the emergency room raising his heartbeat but he did not have the courage to ask them how Jimin was doing. He feared if the doctor said something serious he would probably lose himself then and there.

He felt a tap on his shoulder and found Suga staring at him with teary and concerned eyes. Though he looked calm, his red nose and eyes confirmed that he knew what was going on. 

“Don’t cry Kookie, you know he never liked you crying.” Suga tried to console him. “I am crying because I want him to get up and scold me. Now.” Jungkook replied. Suga was well aware what Jungkook meant to Jimin and he himself accepted him as his brother, well more like a son. He held his hand and took him to the waiting area.
“Kookie, I want you to know something. It’s urgent and I don’t want to regret later for not telling you.” Jungkook’s confused eyes lingered on his face looking for more clues.
“Baby, you know that Jimin always wanted you to have a new and happy life. He called me a few days ago and asked me to take the responsibility of taking care of you. He told me about a boy whom he wanted you to meet. Please, just meet him once, just for once, I am pleading.” Suga tried his best to convince Jungkook. “H-how can you say these? My brother is unconscious at the emergency room, and at this point all I need is to see a boy. Don’t be ridiculous. I respect you but this is not possible.” Suga let out a sigh, Jimin never opened up to Jungkook about his illness but now if he had to tell Jungkook about it. “Jimin may not make it. He has Atrial Septal Defect also known as ASD. Previously when he was abroad it was diagnosed and doctors tried to recover him with a minimally-invasive surgery but unfortunately it wasn’t successful. He has some complications in lungs which makes it hard to recover.” Jungkook was speechless, he started feeling guilty. He was so busy with his own problems, he could never see Jimin’s suffering. Suga continued, “I don’t know if I will ever get my Jimin back but I will keep my promise to him.” He will never give up on Jungkook and his Jimin will be proud of him. A lonely tear left his eyes.

At this point Jungkook doesn't know what he should do. Jin and Hobi had also arrived after they heard the news of Jimin’s illness. Jin is an employee at the company run by Jeon family, but he basically took the role of a mother in Jimin and Jungkook’s life though he was only a couple of years older to them. Hobi is Jungkook’s cousin and very close to the Jeon siblings. Both of them are aware of Taehyung’s situation and Jimin appointed them to continue the match-making when he will not be there with his brother. 

Jimin was trying to convince him to give life a chance but he was not sure. Now Jimin is also not with him and what Jimin told him kept bugging him continuously. He is questioning himself, “Do I deserve a chance?” " I am a murderer, I don't deserve to live. But… ". This "but" is stopping him every time from giving up. He might never be able to love again but he can live for Jimin, Suga, Jin and Hobi. He has countless people loving and caring for him. How would they feel? No, he must try. He promised himself he would try to find joy in their happiness. He will not live for himself anymore but for the people who love him the most. 

 He took out his diary that did not have any entry since that terrible day but today he decided to write down his promise. He wanted himself to remember it again and again. He wanted this promise to chew down all his negative, self-loathing thoughts. "I will learn to live again for you all." He told himself as he stood up. Jin, who was watching him with concerned eyes from outside, could clearly hear it. His lips formed a smile and he replied, "I think you will learn to love too."

Author's note: Thanks for voting. It made my day. I hope you like this update. Thank you. ☺💜
Sorry, I know nothing about Medicine and surgeries. Please forgive my lack of knowledge. Apology in advance.