Closer by a Mile

Tae had been restless since he met Jimin two days ago. He never thought he would have to marry a person he did not love. It is a marriage of convenience and this was eating him up alive. He did not know Jungkook and all he knew about him was the pain in his expressionless eyes. He himself was a romantic and lively person and therefore being with a person who had decided to shut himself away from life is synonymous to death to him. At this point he was shattered - agreeing with Jimin would save his family but would kill him. His inner dilemma was making him want to visit the pond. But he wasn't sure how to face Jimin after that conversation. He sat by his big window and stared at their strawberry firm. 

A sudden knock on his door snatched his attention, "Hey Tae, someone is here to meet you. Would you mind coming down? Or shall I say no?" It was his mom. His first thought was to deny the meeting because anybody could see how tormented he was. There were dark circles under his eyes, the soft pink lips are chapped due to constant lip biting. But, he thought the person could be from Namjoon art shop and immediately rushed to meet him. 

A very unknown and handsome looking man was standing there and Tae didn't remember seeing him at the shop. He might be a new employee, at least that's what he thought. 

"Hi, sorry for coming to your house. I know you may feel uncomfortable but I needed to talk to you urgently, so… I mean, can you come outside or can we go somewhere private to talk?" The handsome man spoke side-eyeing Tae's mom who had confusion written all over her face. 

Tae agreed immediately and he followed the man outside. "Yes, you can tell me what you want." Tae was impatient at this point. 

"Hi, I am Kim Soekjin, I work for Jeon Corporation. You might not know me but I have heard quite a few things about you from Jimin." Before Jin could continue, Tae interrupted him, "Sorry, I have not yet decided and I need some time for that. Can you tell Jimin to give me some more time? I need to talk to my parents too. Though I am not going to reveal the debt part, I still need to inform them about marrying Jungkook." 

Jin could understand the dilemma and he is absolutely respectful towards the young man standing in front of him. "Take as much time as you want and there is nothing to hurry. But as a guardian to Jimin and Jungkook I needed to talk to you about something. I don't want to force you to say yes but I think you might know this."

Tae's almond eyes were set on Jin. "You might not know the actual relationship between Jimin and Kookie. They are not actual brothers, Jimin was adopted. Kookie never experienced love from his parents but he spent most of his life seeking their validation. After he literally compelled his parents to adopt Jimin, he expected Jimin to love him openly. Though he is affectionate towards Kookie, he had a bitterness about his relationship with the rest of the Jeons. He never showed his love, which Jungkook craved. Though he had other people loving him, he always felt deprived of his family's love. This was the time he met Jiu. She taught him what love exactly is. She truly loved him, cared for him and she was there beside him when Kookie was busy building his own company away from his father's shadow. He did not need any more validation with his Love beside him. Everything changed the night when he took her to buy her ring. He was driving and the car got into an accident. The day he woke up in the hospital he looked more dead than alive. He stopped living that day. Jimin was with him like a shadow from then and now that he is away from him, I am fearing for Jungkook." Jin paused to check Tae's reaction. 

"What do you mean by away?" Tae is more than confused. "Jimin, … he is in the emergency room. He has had some illness for quite some time and now all we can do is pray for him." Jin's words made Tae's eyes teared up. He never thought this was coming his way. He was somewhat angry with Jimin about giving  a marriage proposal with his brother but now he knows why he did it. Guilt and Sorrow clouded his mind and now he doesn't want anything else. He wanted to rush to the pond and shed tears until his heart felt less burdened. 

But today it was different, he was almost fearing it- his heart would crave the presence of Jimin and would expect to see the pink-haired male in front of him. He knew it is not possible - his muse is at his deathbed in hospital fighting for life, trying his best to live for his loved ones. A teardrop rolled down from his eyes.