Peaceful Slumber

Warning: negative thoughts

Jungkook is very fond of this place; Taehyung used to sit here and stare at the cityscape and the star-studded sky outside. So many nights, they cuddled here and kissed each other and now those precious memories bring tears to his eyes. He craves love but the person who could shower him with love isn’t with him anymore. 

Jungkook has lost count of days and months, nothing for him makes sense. After Jiu’s death, he was devastated but this time, he is broken beyond repair. He has always thought he loves Taehyung more than himself and underestimated Tae’s love for him. He still remembers that day, the warmth he received when he slept in Tae’s arm after he was stabbed. His Daegu boy's big almond eyes were filled with tears. He never thought Tae would save him with his life after the way Jungkook hurt him. 

His burden would have been less if he could have someone to talk to. But this time, he does not have anyone beside him. Jimin and Suga have stopped talking to him. Jin and Jhope also maintain their distance with him. He understands whatever he did to Taehyung was wrong and he has accepted everything as his punishment. However, this is not the only punishment he was receiving.

Every time he remembered how he kept Tae in the basement without food and water, he couldn't stop himself from being enraged. He felt guilty and wanted to punish himself for how harshly he acted that day. Other than going to the office, Jungkook mostly keeps himself inside the mansion and precisely inside the room that he used to share with Taehyung. He barely eats or does something that he used to enjoy. He sits by the window in the darkness or drinks until he passes out. Life has no meaning for him and he does not want to live anymore.

 The last few months have been a hell for Jungkook. A part of him wanted to leave everything immediately and follow Taehyung. Another part of him was trying his best to make his business steady so that the employees do not lose their jobs. 

It’s been almost ten months since the fateful day and as soon as Jungkook recovered, he started working hard on his business. Jimin Hyung blamed him for being heartless and he accepted it with a smile. Jin and J-Hope abandoned his side and he did not blame them. Now that his business is steady, his company’s shares are again performing well, it’s time for him to leave. He is so ready to bid Goodbye. 

He checked the property and business ownership papers; he transferred them to Jimin and a copy of the document was already dropped off at Jimin’s house by his secretary. After so many days, he is happy and excited. He will finally meet Taehyung and he will ask for his forgiveness. Finally, he will be able to be in the arms of his angel and tell him how much he loves him. He has already bought enough sleeping pills and he is ready to sleep. The much needed sleep that could calm his mind and rest his tired soul. 

Suddenly the doorbell rang; he did not expect anyone to come at this odd hour at night. He almost dragged himself to open the door.

__________________________________________________________________________

“Do you think we are doing the right thing?” Suga’s question surprised Jimin. After they found Taehyung covered in blood, Jimin blamed himself for everything. He always wanted Tae to have a happy life filled with smiles but when he found out that he almost made the sunshine disappear, he could not forgive himself. He decided to cut all ties with Jungkook and Suga did the same too. They thought it would be the apt punishment for whatever Jungkook did to Taehyung.

“You know, I received the property papers from him today?” Suga was shocked, “why so sudden?” Jimin did not take this seriously before but now after realising his heart skipped a few beats. 

“What if he is planning on doing something?” Suga stood up immediately. “We never thought about something like this. Let's meet and tell him everything.” Jimin is adamant.

“But at this hour?” Suga’s question almost put Jimin in a worry,“What if we don’t have a tomorrow?”

__________________________________________________________________________

“Surprised bro? I bet you did not expect me at this hour.” A familiar voice could be heard.

“No I wasn’t expecting you at this time Jihyun. But, I know you will visit me. When the police told me that day, you had fled, I was sure you would come for me.” Jihyun was confused at the cold, calm demeanour of Jungkook. Jungkook used to hate him a lot after that day but now he is not feeling anything. His heart has stopped registering other feelings as it is too occupied with Taehyung and his thoughts.

“So, I think you know why I have come.” Jihyun’s eyes looked like fire. He does not fear anything anymore. He lost his sister and he still thinks Jungkook is the one responsible. He wants his revenge at any cost and today is the day. Taehyung is already dead. Now, Jungkook is the only one left and he will be successful in keeping the promise he made to himself.

“I know. You want my life, right? Go for it. I have no reason to stop you. If this makes you happy and puts Jiu's soul to rest in peace, I will accept it happily. But I will ask you why you had to do those things to Taehyung? You could have simply come for me.” A sad smile crept to Jihyun’s face. “I could have never come for you with Taehyung by your side. He would be your shield all along.” Jihyun’s hands are now tightly wrapped around the gun. 

A sigh left Jungkook’s mouth and he stopped talking. The faster the better, he is ready to go. He closed his eyes and waited for the bullet to pierce his body. He was ready for the pain, peace and sleep to take over him. 

A gunshot was heard and the silence of the night was tormented, just to succumb into a thicker and deeper silence.

Author's note: I finished this chapter yesterday and wanted to post it but Binnie left us and that's why I postponed it. I know you probably have heard this a thousand times, but let me remind you again, whatever it is, everything gets better. Time heals everything. If you want to talk to someone just to unburden yourself, dm me. My wattpad inbox is open.
Sometimes we forget to take another chance and give up without exploring what life has stored for us. You may feel tired, but for that you can slow down and treat yourself. Sometimes it just needs a "once more" for a miracle to happen. So don't give up and prioritise yourself.

Take care and stay happy.
Hope you like this chapter! 💜