go kart

i was reading a newspaper. "hey, what are you doing?" we were in a cafe. drinking some coffee. "nothing, i was searching for a job."

"job?" i nodded. "why dont you worked at the scoops ahoy with me?" he suggested. "ugh, no thanks, steve. its full btw!! that man needs 2 employee's btw." i rolls my eyes. "yeah that bald man." i laugh.

"forget about that. i'll help ya later with that. what do you do on weekends?" he asked. i close the newspaper. "im not sure yet. you know i didn't do anything in weekends except playing guitar." he chuckles.

"yea cool cool. i was planning to play go kart this weekend. wanna join?" go kart sounds awesome. "yea, cool. who else join?" he shakes his head. "no one else. just two of us i guess."

"yea, thats cool!!" he smiles. "i'll pick you up on 8 pm" "wait."

"why 8 pm?" i asked in curiosity. "people told me this place we go is the best when we play in night." i nodded. "yeah, that sounds cool"

time skips, the day to go kart
i was watching the television. "honey, steve's arrived." she called me. "wait a sec mom. the show almost finished" she sigh.

STEVE POV

i was waiting for her. "this girl must be wearing tons of makeup." i sigh. i rest my head a little bit. a few minutes later, "gosh, this is too late." i get out of my car and went there.

i knock the door. her mom opened up. "hi mrs russell, is y/n already dressed up?" i asked politely. "i am so sorry steve for making you waiting. i already told her you waited for her too long. she was watching her tv show right now." i chuckles.

"its okay mrs russell. i know everything about her. may i?" she allows it. i went to the hall. "for god sakes, y/n russell. get your ass up that fucking sofa and lets go. we already late!!" she was shocked.

"steve!! what the fuck?!" she look at her mom. "sorry. what are you doing here?" "what am i doing here? you asked me that type of question? i told you i'll pick you up on 8 pm. and its almost 9 right now."

"i thought it was 7.50-" i smack my forehead. "enough and lets go, y/n" we went to the car. "take care guys!! dont be late!!" her mom said. "yeah i will, mrs russell!" then, we off to go to the go-kart. 

"do you bring some money?" i asked. "uhh.." she looks away. " i forgot to take on the counter island." i sigh. "i really knew it. i know you very well, y/n" i continued to drive. "its okay, you can use my money first." i smiled at her and keep driving.

AT THE GO KART

"alright, here we are." i saw really familiar people. she gets out of the car. "steve, isn't that nancy?" i nodded. "gosh, why they played at here together?"

she look at me. "is there a problem?" "what? a problem? no. no, at all." she looked at me in a weird way. "its true. now let's go." i grabbed her hands and we go to buy the tickets.

we went to queue while y/n was looking around. she never goes to play a go kart before this. "steve, how much for a ticket?" she asked. "hm, about 20- 30 bucks i guess." then, i pay for the tickets.

"i pick the race package and you can wear the suit, a helmet, and the gloves." she really looks shocked. "wow, this really feels like a real racing driver" i laughed.

we went to pick up our suit and stuff. "oh y/n?" i heard someone call y/n. "oh, hey nancy." she greeted her back. "what are you guys doing here?" i wear my suit. "we have our date tonight."

jonathan came to her. me and her watch them awkwardly. "a date?" i continued. they nodded. "but why here? is it always at the fancy restaurant?" y/n asked. "nah, we just thought if having a go kart date must be so cool!!" nancy said. y/n look at me.

"do you wanna still play it?" i look at her. "yea, sure." we wear our helmets. "do you wanna play it together?" jonathan offers us. "play with you?" they nodded. we look at each other. "um, yeah sure." 

i grabbed her hands. “how about we race them?” i said and winked. “are you crazy, harrington? its my first time ride this shit. and you wanna i race him?” i shrug. “you sure can.” she deep sigh.

we went to the karts and ready to race. “in 3, 2, 1, GO” we started ride the karts. i really knew y/n can ride this shit fast. she already overtake nancy and went really fast.”

i drive it in a normal speed and just watch her drive it. i was just laughing there. she was fighting with jonathan to win the first place. it was a hard situation. they were fighting and fighting again.

y/n almost got hit at the barrier, but luckily she drifted. “god, that was hot.” she continued to catch him. a few laps later, “the winner is, y/n russell” the staff shoutout for her.

they gave her a gokart medal, some prize and a drink. she really looks happy. while in the 3rd and 2nd place won by jonathan and nancy. i clapped for them. y/n runs towards me while holding em.

“steve!! i just can't believe i drovenit that fast!!” she said in happy voice. “i really knew you cab do it, y/n.” i caress her hair. “could i be one if the female driver?” she asked innocencely. “ofc you can. you could be one of the female stars tho” she smiles.

“do you have a lot of fun today?” she nodded. “alright, let's head home. your mom gotta be worried bout you.” i open the door for her and we go back to her house.

as we arrived, y/n feels like she doesn't wanna get out. “we arrived already. what's wrong?” i asked worriedly. “i hope we can spend our weekends like this again.” i smiled.

“sure we can y/n. you already love go kart in a minute?” she nodded while smile. “i love em now. its so fast and challenging!!” i went to her door and open for her.

“how about next sunday?” she smiled widely. “you sure you wanna go there again?” she asked. “yea sure, just for you” i just melts everytime i saw her cute dimple smile. she went to her door.

“goodnight y/n” i wished her. after i saw her open the door i went to my door. as soon as i lift my right foot, i feel a apir of arms hugs my back. i look back. y/n was hugging me tightly and left the prize on the floor.

“hey, what's wro-”
“thank you so much” my stomach-

“f- for what?” i asked. “for being by my side and being my best buddy.” i smiles widely and hug her back. “oh y/n, the one of reason that i love you”

the hug is tightier now. we've been hugging for a long time. “i love you so much, steve harrington.” i can feel myself burning.

while y/n parents

she was sneaking to look at both of you outside. “oh my god, they are so cute. he really in love with y/n” she keep giggling and smiling.

“what are you doing?” your father asked that makes your mother shocked and shout. “stop it, you!!” your dad chuckles. “you could make george wake up-”

your dad sneak to look at both of you too. “aw cute. is that steve?” he asked and your mom nodded. “he's a nice kid, innit?”

“he is. i really thought he's in love with y/n in some kind.” your mom stated. “that's true, honey. he really in love with y/n.”

“how did you know?” “just look at how he look at y/n. just like how we fell in love.” your mom smiled and your dad hugs her tightly.