(2) meet my new boyfriend

the next day

there's a knock on the door. your dad opened it. “can i help you, kid?” he was kinda nervous.

“yea, hi sir. my name is steve harrington. i was gonna apologized behalf of the kids that broke your son's window yesterday.” your dad crossed arms.

“i was gonna ask how much cost that window?” your dad laughs. “your such a gentlemen came here to apologized that. its okay. its just bunch of kids.”

then, you came downstairs. “dad, who is that?” with your sleepy eyes, you take a look. “you? what the hell you doing here?” your dad elbowed me. “what?” you look at your dad back.

“my name is steve harrington. i just lived near this neighbourhood.” he offers his hand. “shake hand with him.” “should i?” he nodded. “if she doesn't want to. its okay. i understand.”

“you must pay for the window, steve.” you crossed your arms. “y/n, i told him that it's okay. its just a bunch of kids playing ball. that's normal.” i sigh. “do you wanna come in? to have a cup of tea?”

“i um, actually need to go now, but since you offer me to. why dont i sip a cup of tea, aren't i?” we laughed. steve went inside.

“are you still studying, harrington?” your dad asked. “yes mr hamilton.” they sip a cup of tea. “oh, this is my daughter, y/n hamilton. she is 17.” he nodded. “do you study at hawkins high school?” steve asks.

“um, yea. where else should i study.” my dad give me a glare. “sorry, she really acted this way.” he laughed. “its okay, mr hamilton. im use to it.”

a few minutes after talking and introducing to each other, the session over. “all right, harrington. hope to see you soon.” my dad wished. “i hope not.”

“yeah i will, mr hamilton. its good to meet you. im get going. have a nice day, mr hamilton and y/n.” he wink to you. “bro-” your dad looks at you. smirking.

the door close. “looks like you're gonna be in love.” he pkayed with you. “dad!!” he laughed. “let's go. we eating outside.”

the next day, your pov

“dad, im off to school now.” i pick up my bagpack. “dont you want me to send you?” i shake my head. “its okay. im gonna be more discipline now.” i know it reminds it of mom.

“oh. okay. take care, sweetheart.” i went off to school. dad is such a great man. the bestest dad in the whole wide world. i hope i can take care of him just like he take care of me and my brother.

im gonna study smart and work hard just for him and my brother. i can help them whenever they in need. at the school, i quickly went to the class as soon as i heard the bell.

“good morning, class.” mrs daniella, the french teacher. yes, my dad in love with french languange. so am i. “how are you guys doing today?” she asked the class. “not good.”

“today, we'll be making a short wished for your mom. since its almost mother's day.” the class shouts happily. she gives each other a piece of paper and some colourful markers.

this gotta be shitting me. on this day? my dad just divorced her yesterday. “this is NOT the best day of my life.” i whisper. “y/n, you good?” she asked me.

well, its now or never. i went to her and tell the truth. “mrs daniella. actually, my mom and my dad just divorced yesterday.” she was shocked.

“i am so sorry, y/n. i didn't knew.” she really felt so sorry. “its okay mrs daniella, you didn't know. so, how about now?” she told me that i should make a short wishes for my dad in french.

i went to my desk back and wrote the wishes. i wrote the best wishes ever but my french isn't so good. it takes a lot of time.

“alright class, i hope you can send it to your mom..” she eyed me. “and thanks her for this entire life.” i nodded. “but why mom acted like this?” i thought.

after school, i went back to school normally. then, a car stopped next to me. “uh, yea?”

“hop in.” it was steve harrington
“uh, no. my dad told me dont get into strangers car.” he laughed. “oh cmon, your dad the one who asked me to pick you up.” i look right and left. “ugh, no. probably not.”

“he gonna beat me up when i dont pick you up.” she rolls eyes. “i dont want to. i can take care of myself, steve.” he opened the door. “we're gonna grab some ice cream.”

ice cream. my most favourite thing in the world. “you sure?” he nodded. i hop in and steve starts drive. “why my dad contacts you to pick me up?” i asked.

“he afraid that you got kidnapped.” i rolls my eyes. “i've been walking back to school for almost 3 years now. that means im safe.” he sigh. “don't you read the newspaper? there's a lot of kidnappers right now.” i crossed my arms. “whatever.”

before he send me back to home, we stop at the starcourt mall to grab some ice cream. we went in and use the escalator. there's a gi rl at the counter. “steve, where the hell you going?”

“pick up a neighbour.” he pointed at me. “oh, hi there. name robin.” she introduced. “my name is y/n hamilton.” we shake hands. “is this where you work?” he nodded.

“i see” i look at the ice cream. “you want some ice cream?” robin asked. “yeah, i would like to have cotton candy and chocolate chips flavour.” i ordered. robin keep scooping them.

“here you are. $5.50.” she counted. i take out the money but steve already paid for it. “i was about to pay it.” he laughed. “how old are you tho” she asks. “17.” she suprised.

“oh wow. that's suprising.” i think it was weird. “yea robin. we all in the same age. what's your problem?” oh, now i get it. “well, have a nice day, y/n.”

“wait steve, where you goin?” she asked. “im coming back for night shift.” she showed him a thumbs up. then, we off to go. ice creams really cheers me up.

luckily the distance from mall to my house isn't that far. steve is a really drift driver, you know what i mean? he likes to drift.

“here we are.” he open the door for me and i went to the door and knock it. “oh, y/n, you're home.” my dad doesn't work today. “yea hi dad. steve stopped at the starcourt cuz he wanna treat me ice creams.

he smiles. “one thing, why are you asked him to pick me up?” he crossed his arms. “its all about kidnappers, y/n.” i nodded. “so, he's telling the truth?” my dad smack his forehead.

“why should he lied to you? he's such a nice guy. from now on, i'll make sure that harrington will always take care of you at school and out of school.” my jaw dropped.

“are you be kidding me, dad. you're over protective for this.” he shush me. “its my instruction right now.” my dad meet harrington.

“harrington, is this making any trouble to you?” he shakes. “no sir. no at all.” he caress his head. “and there he is. he's starting it.”