Chapter 4: The Good Boy Meets the Future Alpha

Thierry's POV

One week later...

After a small send-off party at Sunrise Diner (where I also worked) and a farewell dinner the night before; Mom, the twins, and I were finally arriving at the picturesque town of Sammons Falls, Massachusetts. An hour's drive away from Boston and the surrounding town as well as a train ride away from Stamford, Providence, Newport, and even New York City; the town was straight out of Southern Living magazine, from stately homes and mansions that were owned by some of the richest families and quaint small shops that sold wares to passing tourists and neighboring suburbanites to the opulent and well-renowned boarding school known as Sammons Falls Academy that could become its own city.

And speaking of the campus, the place was similar to a small-town college campus but with a more modern feel- thirteen academic buildings, twelve residential halls, several on-campus stores (including a Walgreens and a Target), and several restaurants that catered to visiting families (including a McDonald's and a Whataburger restaurant). There were even some nearby hotels for guest schools playing sports.

After a lengthy tour of the place (led by the ever-cheerful Mrs. Rosseaux-Yanez who greeted me with a motherly hug while ignoring the others completely- cool beans), I was escorted to my apartment-style dormitory where I'd be given a chance to settle in. "Here we are," Mom crooned as the on-hand guards helped collect my luggage. "We have to say goodbye here, Thierry."

"This is it," Tiana cheered, clapping her hands merrily as she looked around. "This place is giving me college-party vibes right now. If I wasn't popular at Barrow South High, I'd totally want to crash here. Hell, I'd want to live here myself."

"Ditto," Fiana agreed. To Mom, "Are you sure that this place would make Thierry into a real man, Mom? I mean, Uncle Cameron still has the number to St. Ivory Military Academy if you say the word right now. We'd have Thierry shipped off in less than a day so he can be made into a man like you and Dad want."

"Girls," Mom said in a warning tone before smiling sheepishly at me and the headmistress (the latter looking more unamused by the second). "Thierry, I know that this isn't what you wanted for your life."

I'll bet.

"But think about it," she continued as she made me face her. "Your father and I are out of options and your uncle is ready to ship you off to military school so you can be automatically enlisted for the Army or Navy. And that would piss your grandmother off to no end and will really make our lives a nightmare. By coming here, you'll see that you can finally stop reading all those damned books and start hunting for a proper girlfriend."

Mrs. Rosseaux-Yanez's eyebrows raised. "Mrs. Lemieux," she said sternly. "This isn't a dating service."

"I know," Mom said, batting her eyelashes. "But what's a little harm in finding a future wife so she can finally make him into a real man in the bedroom."

The twins giggled.

I let out a sigh. "Oh, my God. Mom..." I began but just kept getting lost in her "Mommy's-always-right" face with her winsome eyes and smug look. Any other day, I would just back off and let her think that she has the last word.

But now...I was so done. "All right, Mom," I said. "Look, I'm only here to get my education and to make sure that I bring a fruitful name to the family legacy. I don't know why you insist that I need to 'man up' and be a pig for you and everyone else's sake, but I'm only here to be a representative for the 'Good Kids of Texas' so I can head back home and attend college before I leave the family and move to California."