Ch. 26: Good Boys Comfort Their Raging Mates

Thierry's POV

I put down my pen. Finished. A slow yet satisfying smile fills my face as I stood up from my desk and walked up to the professor's desk to turn in my first British Literature theory paper and midterm exam over to him for grading before I headed back to my desk and collected my belongings.

The last few days were constantly filled with studying as students were fretting over the first round of exams while seniors (mainly Alphas) were getting ready to seal their future plans (whether it involves college, getting a good job, or- in the case of the future Alphas and Lunas- getting ready to take over their supernatural packs and covens). And while Matt made sure to keep my mind focused on relaxing after studying my behind off and continuing my private lessons and combat training with the supernatural queens, we hardly had time to get settled into some normalcy. Even more so since there's been an increase of some feral rogues trying to cause bloodshed while some loners and sane rogues were found dead in random areas. There'd also been an increase of rogue hunters that were arrested for the cruelty of loners and rejected supernaturals.

All that were leading to a future attack on my life and that didn't sit well with Matt, prompting him to have designated guards to accompany me to classes and wherever I was heading. I had a few objections upon learning his plans when he first told me about what was going on...

"Matt, I assure you that I can handle myself just fine," I protested when my future mate carefully approached the subject of having extra protection around me. I've been taking combat training thanks to Electrique's hunter buddy Graiae and I'm also learning some spells."

"But I can't risk losing you to some feral rogue or any rogue hunter who can easily have you sold to the black market," Matt insisted as he faced me. "And with a future war coming up, I can't imagine losing you to anyone who wanted to get a rise out of me. I won't be happy unless I know that you are safe, even more so with your family slated to visit this coming weekend."

"Right," I said, lowering my gaze briefly and taking a deep breath. "I almost forgot about that."

Velvet (who also brought along Electrique, Ariana, and Aquilla upon learning what was going on) nodded. "And with those sisters and cousin of yours soon to make a move to try and split you apart or kill you altogether, you know damn well that Matt's not one to take any chances," she piped up as she came from the kitchen with random snacks on hand. "Though it's safe to say that your parents and even your uncle are remaining true to stand by your side."

Electrique frowned. "I think that it might be a front," she said. "That, or they're just in for the perks. I'm going to call in a few investigators to cast a few nets so my suspicions are confirmed or refuted. But Matt is right, Thierry. Some bad vibes are coming your way. We don't know the real reason just yet, but you are in grave danger."

Elisa and Jose nodded in agreement as did everyone else. "Right," I said. "I'm still not thrilled with all of this, but if this is to make sure nothing happens to me, then so be it. Electrique, do all that you can to get a thorough investigation on my parents and uncle Cameron. The same thing goes for my sisters and cousin since I know that something is bound to go down."

"Right," Ariana said, clapping her hands to finalize the decision. "Thierry, make sure to guard your life and your heart as you are prone to danger and tragedy at all ends."