Ch. 14:Good Boys Deal with Being Popular

Good Boys Never Lie

Good Boys and the Five-Star Treatment

IF you know me by now, dear people in cyberspace, then you ought to know that when it comes to getting special treatment...it's a rare and unusual feat, especially when you're used to being ignored, bullied, or pushed into the background for most of your life.

And when one good boy (or girl or rebel in between) is given special privileges when haters are against you moving up in life, you come to learn that it's better not to stand out and to accept that you're doomed to blend in and follow the crowd.

Well, tell that to the people who now see me in a more...celebratory light after a party that became way too much for my blood (I'm not dropping any details for the moment). And after some revelations that came to light this morning, you can pretty much bet your bottom dollar that I'm going to have a lot of fans- and haters- lining up at my door. As for my family back in Texas? Well, let's just say that I hope none of them (except maybe my grandmother) catches wind of this since none of them- except for my grandmother- supported me at all. In a way, I'm glad that I'm far from their grasp so I can finally figure out where to go from here.

Because right now, I've never felt so confused and discombobulated in my life. And that's the truth.

"Luna Lemieux."

"What's up, Luna?"

"Nice work being mated to Matt. You got a big stake to claim now that you know the truth about us. Come your mating, you'll be ready to rule the rest."

And the last sentence of the blog has never been any truer as I was gathering my bearings while having a late brunch at the cafeteria (apparently Andretta and the cafeteria workers caught wind of me being mated to Matt the Wolfishly Clingy Alpha werewolf and made sure that I not only got myself a good plate of food but be dealt with little distractions, hence being assigned a beefy Delta warrior who's married to Andretta's daughter, a siren).

I was definitely not used to the sudden perks of being a male Luna to a sexy diver, folks, much less given any perks at all since my parents always said that I never deserved any perks at all since I was, and I quote you, "a spineless runt who just needs to die in an alley somewhere and let the REAL Lemieux clan rule the world with an iron fist."

And back then, I believed it. I settled for the lesser things in life- from hand-me-down clothing bought at a secondhand store to always scrabbling around for leftovers when the family got to eat out at the fancy restaurants to having to walk to school on rainy days, even when I got sick and yet having to go into tough it out by threats of the principal.

I was okay with being a wallflower, even if it meant being prepared to die as one at an early age.

But now, I was in Massachusetts and being thrust into the spotlight after, and again I quote you, "nailing the finest and sexiest Alpha stud of all the community." And now that I'm beginning to get the VIP treatment, I'm starting to wonder how to diffuse all of this quickly.