Ch. 24: Good Boys Have Tea with Fellow Lunas

Thierry's POV

"So, Thierry," piped up Mallory Savineux (a petite olive-skinned were hawk shifter and Luna of the Nighthawk Flock from nearby Canton Springs) as she, Mrs. Rosseaux-Yanez, Sagittarina, Summertyme, and some other female (and male Lunas) gathered around for tea at Gillain's Parlor in downtown. "I heard that you're causing quite a stir with your newfound status as the first male Luna of the Sammons Falls werewolf pack in town- and as a senior, no less."

"Indeed," intoned Della Vernacini (a pale redheaded vampire who was a college student at Harvard and planning to take her role as the Luna of a demon community in Nova Scotia) as she smiled briefly at me before popping a scone in her mouth. "It's not every day that a young student gets to be mated nowadays. Then again, nothing is ever guaranteed now that life is always fleeting."

I shrugged, sipping on my cup of tea. "Well, I guess you can say that I'm learning to take things in stride," I replied, "especially after confessing all my fears to Matt and publishing them on my blog."

"I heard all about that," piped up Robbie Wyndmere (a cocoa-skinned male pixie who was the future Luna of a were-cat pack in Texas) in his Southern twang. "A few of my faerie friends told me all about your blog posts and how you're gaining a giant following from all around- humans and supernatural beings alike."

"My heart nearly stopped when you talked about your family life and how you were treated like garbage all around," added Madeline Bixby (a retiring Luna angel from her community in Indianapolis who brought her male successor named Liam- a fallen angel from Romania). "My husband was furious for you, young man, and had half a mind to tell them off and award you, your two compatriots, and your grandmother a gold medal for all that you put up with."

"I heard that," commented Sagittarina, nodding her head. "But if we can be real with you?"

I nodded. "Fire away."

"Look, it's not either of our places to say anything to you about your family and how you need to finally hash things out completely, but it seems like you've been dealing with a lot of hidden anger, bitterness, and depression that has kept you from living your best life," the Hispanic drag queen began. "You were told to come up here in Massachusetts to begin building your new life. And now that you learned that your parents know all about the supernatural and that you're mated to Matt, it seems like you have your suspicions on whether or not your parents and uncle are sincere. It's a toss-up with your sisters and cousin, but at least the adults in your family really want to make things right."

"Definitely," Summertyme agreed, nodding her head. "Most kids who had shitty parents and family members hadn't had a proper chance to finally settle the bonds between family members who left them in the cold. And oftentimes, things are often left unsaid due to criminal activity or death of the victims- and it's often drug usage, mental or emotional breakdowns, or even suicide that's the root of the unsettled affairs. You got a fair chance right here and now to finally talk things out with your family and see where you all stand."

"And besides," piped up my future mother-in-law as she put down her now-empty teacup, "if your family does sound sincere, at least you can figure out where to go from there regarding the future to start anew. But if they all turn out to be fakers- the usual horde of liars and backstabbers who want to use your status as an expendable meal ticket, then you have a whole network of supporters who can give them their just desserts. Ariana and the queens can easily turn them into toads to feed them to some avian-shifters."

"Damn that idea," drawled Miley Andrews (a future Luna for a were-gator community in Ocala). "My girl can easily have them fed to her trained warriors after my best friends from the hunter community turn them into shreds."

Everyone chuckled at the thought, me fighting a smile that was about to form.

"All right, all right," Velvet said as she, Elisa, and Ariana came into the cafe. "We heard all that y'all said and we wholeheartedly agree. Thierry, as much as you want to distance yourself from your folks, you might want to take in the advice and make a phone call to your mom or dad."

My cell rang. "Speak of the devil, folks. It's my mother," I replied as I saw her name on the screen. "Hello?"

"Hi, Thierry," Mom's voice said through the line. She sounded a bit sad. "Look, your father, uncle, and I would like to come up and finally talk to you about what you wrote in your latest blog post. And we also want to meet your future Alpha mate and his family."

My eyes went wide. "My folks want to come up and meet Thierry and his family," I mouthed.

"Say yes," Elisa mouthed back.

"Hello, Thierry?" Mom said. "Are you there?"

"Uh, yeah, I was just having some tea with some friends," I commented. "And yeah, I want to talk with you all as well. This weekend is a no-go due to midterms coming up soon, but next weekend is perfect."

"Okay, thanks," Mom said. "And your father, uncle, and I-"

"Look, let's put a pin on all of that until I finish my finals," I cut her off. "Not to sound rude or anything, but I just need to focus on my grades and my personal life for a bit. All will be spoken when you all arrive."

"Of course," Mom agreed. "Your sisters and cousin alongside your grandmother are coming as well and we'll stay at a hotel for the weekend."

"Thank you," I said. "Right now, I plan to make sure that everything is set for your arrival and prepare for midterms. All A's, which should be good for my transcripts."

"Good," Mom said, sounding genuinely pleased. "We'll see you next weekend. And do well with your midterms! Good luck!"

"I will," I promised. "Give my best to Grandma Dru and the others!"

"You got it." And the line was disconnected.

I turned back to the other Lunas and my crew. "Well, it looks like my family's coming to talk next weekend," I told them. "They also want to meet Matt and his family."

The witches nodded. "This ought to be interesting," Velvet commented. "And I can't help but think that something big is going to do down. Fellow witches, make sure to cast your nets out for suspicious activities because my spark's telling me that something is bound to happen."

And that...was what I was afraid of. First, the midterms and now my family coming for the weekend.

I need to prepare for everything and everything.

***************

Unknown POV

So Thierry's family is coming to town next weekend to talk things out and to gather for dinner.

My mate has every right to be extra suspicious as do his friends and so will Matt.

All the more reason to prepare for my debut. For now, I'll bide my time. Get ready, boys. I'm coming home to you! And by then, all will be revealed!

Our mystery guy is ready to make himself known, dear readers! And he is chomping at the bit to meet his mates! But...you won't see him until part 2 of this story when things get too real for Thierry and things turn topsy-turvy!

We wrap up part one with Matt and Thirry talking about their mates before a threat puts everyone on edge! And after part one wraps up, this is when things start going bonkers!

Dedication: DomiSotto and tristen2500.

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!