Chapter 6: Death Threats At Student Orientation

Thierry's POV

The next day was mainly spent in getting registered for classes and grabbing all of the essentials needed for my first day of classes, which were scheduled for the day after tomorrow. While I had a grand tour of Sammons Falls Academy, I never really got a chance to have a real full-day experience with some of the students. So I made it a point to not only take some of my family's words of wisdom to heart (I did needed to make new friends, but I was not going to compromise my goals for a successful senior year) and start becoming a part of the student body. I signed up for a few good clubs (the creative writing club and the accompanying literary magazine Muse looked like a good fit as well as the Honors Society and even the swim team- I did try out at one point at Andrews-Carter High back in my freshman year but was immediately laughed out of tryouts). I also made some small talk with the other students while getting my textbooks and some school supplies (alongside some snacks and home essentials) at the bookstore; met some really nice athletes during lunch at the school cafe, and even made a friendly dinner date with some juniors. Everyone seemed like they were really comfortable with having the new kid around.

Well...not everybody, with two females, both of them scantily dressed and heavily made-up giving me scathing glares as I was getting my mailbox settled before heading back to my dorm to finish settling in. The African-American female looked as if she wanted to fight me while her friend (a leggy blonde with the face of a model yet the temper of an erupting volcano) kept holding her back.

It looked like they were the ones to stay far away from at all costs.

As for Matt, he seemed like a really nice guy and all that (he was also an Honors student and captain of the men's diving team), but something kept telling me that he was like an alluring light that seemed so ethereal and attractive yet had too much going on and was luring me to a deadly scenario. But I made it clear with him that I just wanted to be roommates with the possibility of being friends in the future. But I wasn't going to be distracted by anyone who reminded me of the countless haters back in Austin.

I just wanted to get through senior year, head back to Texas to attend TCU or Baylor, and then make plans to cut ties with my damned family before moving to California for good.

**********************

"And so, my darling students of Sammons Falls Academy- both new and returning, it is my pleasure to announce that the school year has officially begun," cheered Mrs. Rosseaux-Yanez as the students and teachers clapped while Stevie Wonder played through the stereos and emanated through the large auditorium. I had to hand it to Matt's mother. She was the kind of principal who had the no-nonsense, take-no-prisoners demeanor who meant business yet wanted to make sure that all students were in the best of care. And after her speech, I wanted to make sure that I did her proud and own my greatness.

"Pretty good stuff, am I right?" Matt asked me, giving me a warm grin.

Oh, yeah. Matt also was there and he sat on my right side with an overly-friendly Hispanic teenager named Landon at my left. He was a scholarship kid who was born and raised in Sammons Falls and he had plans to attend Boston University upon graduation to study law enforcement.

"It's inspiring, I'll tell you what," I replied as the students gathered their things and headed out of the large auditorium. "Your mother seems like one of the principals that I wished I had back in Texas. My old high-school principal would always favor the jocks and popular kids over the nerds and outcasts while giving the rest of them marginal attention. And when one kid gets bullied, he'd make them be nice to the populars, citing that it's his or her fault for not fitting in. Thankfully, I never had to take my complaints to the principal because I made it a point to keep things to myself."

"Ouch," Landon winced, eyes narrowed in silts. "What a dickhead."

"Tell me about it," agreed Matt as a shy freshman approached us with a letter in hand. "What is it, Rice?"

"Excuse me," she said as she turned to me. "Are you Thierry Lemieux?"

I nodded. "Who wants to know?" I asked.

She looked fearful as she handed me the folded note. "This is from the girls," she said. "You don't look like a bad guy, but they are pissed at you."

"Who?" I asked confusedly as I unfolded the paper.

Thierry Lemieux,

No matter what Matt thinks of you, keep away from what's not yours.

He's ours, you little shit. Go back to Texas and let your family kill your worthless ass.

If you value your life, brat, then stay away from Matt. Or else you'll pay with your life.

-The Darling Divas of Sammons Falls Academy.

I gulped as Matt took the letter from me. "Who do they think they are?" he snarled devilishly, his eyes narrowed in rage. "Thierry, you let me know if you get another letter from them."

I huffed a sigh. "I have a feeling that my senior year at Sammons Falls is going to be full of drama that I'm hoping to avoid," I replied. "I don't know what tricks they have up their sleeve or what's really going on here, but I don't intend to find out."

But I had a strong feeling that I was going to find out sooner or later. To be honest, I preferred later- like, when I'm on my deathbed and getting ready to face my fate.

****************

Good Boys Never Lie

Something's full of Drama in Sammons Falls, Massachusetts. And It's Only My Third Day!

Well, here I am in Sammons Falls Academy in the quaint college-esque town of Sammons Falls, Massachusetts. The campus is pretty up to date with the best of academic prowess, professors who want nothing but the best for the students, the coolest and modern amenities with some pretty amazing residence halls, and a friendly bunch of kids who see me as a cool kid.

But nothing is what it seems, especially when I was threatened by two women who warn me to stay away from my roommate as he's "rightfully theirs." I mean, I don't know what they think they know about me, but I'm not that kind of teen to become a home wrecker. All I want is to attend classes and live a normal life from my obnoxious family.

But something tells me that the journey is not going to be very easy on me. And if I know better when it comes to bullies and haters, I have a feeling that drama is coming my way whether I want it to or not. And that's the tea and shade from this good boy.

Lesson for the Day: Good boys make sure to keep all kinds of drama out of their lives.

Well, well! Looks like Ambrose and Lincoln are making their intentions known while Thierry is still left in the dark about the supernatural! But what's done in the dark...you know the rest.

Coming up, Grandma Druscilla makes a phone call to some spellbinding old friends(one of which is their leader who reminds me of Elektra from "Pose").

Song: none. Dedication: AgirlcalledBob and Arikonae_books.

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!