Ch. 21: Landon And Jacerimiah (Side Chapter)

A/N: Play the song when instructed.

Landon's POV

Thanks, Matt.

Thanks a fucking lot for leaving me in this mess right here.

I was currently walking down the halls of the lead manor of the Silver Fang vampire coven (an hour's drive from school) and taking deep breaths to calm my rattled nerves.

Why?

Simply put, this head Beta werewolf was slated to be mated with the head Beta vampire known as Jacerimiah, the most-domineering and very masculine vampire that the Moon Goddess has had to create from the dust of the moon and Earth with Her bare hands.

And while my wolf Sa'Haan was ready to let Jace dominate him in bed, I was flipping out of my mind. I mean no disrespect to the Moon Goddess at all, but I was NOT ready to be claimed. The both of us were very dominant in wars and yet somehow it turns out that I would have to be the submissive one in the bedroom! I'm not even sure if two Beta males can have kids nowadays. From what I last heard, it's usually all Omegas and some submissives the ones that can bear children while Betas are the ones who can sample around here and there.

I finally reached the western wing of the manor, where a few maids were busy cleaning and finishing up preparations. "Excuse me," I said, clearing my throat as the maids dropped to a curtsy. "Where can I find sir Jacerimiah? I'm Landon and-"

"The Head Beta is expecting you, sir," piped up a fey-like blonde who gave me a once-over before granting me a smirk. "As the head maid of the manor, I formally would like to welcome you to the coven, Sir Landon. Our Head Beta is lucky to claim such a male mate as yourself."

"Yes," agreed a plump, dark-skinned maid, nodding. "And I gave him a fair warning to make sure that he treats you like a proper mate should. If he tries anything funny, he'll go through me."

"Thank you," I exhaled. "I'm just nervous since he and I are both Betas and I'm worried that-"

"No," a statuesque redhead said, cutting me off with a killer glare. "The Moon Goddess has her ways with making sure that all of Her children are paired with the right mate that will love them for who they are. A little faith can do wonders, sir Landon. Just trust in her plan and believe that you will be loved. Trust yourself."

I nodded.

"Now, I do believe that the Head Beta is itching to claim you," the dark-skinned maid chirped, clapping her hands. "He is ready for you right now." She pointed to the second to last door on the right which had a symbol of a red rose.

"Wish me luck," I said as I calmed my racing heart.

"You won't need luck," commented the blonde. "You're amongst family here in our coven. Blessed be, wolf. Name's Eglantine, by the way. And these are my friends Sydney and Elysse."

The other maids smiled. Elysse was the dark-skinned maid while Sydney was the redhead.

"Ladies," I said before nodding farewell and walking to the door with the red rose emblem. All right, Landon. There's no going back right now, man. It's time to face the inevitable and let your vampire mate claim and fuck you senseless all night long. If you know that Thierry can handle having an Alpha werewolf as his mate while he's a human, then you can handle having a Beta vampire warrior as your mate while being a Beta werewolf warrior. Time to drop the pacifier and let yourself become a man.

A final deep breath as I knocked on the door. "Hello?" I said tentatively. "Jacerimiah? It's-"

"Come in, pet," I heard my mate's Ukrainian accent emanate from his room. "I've been waiting for you all this time."