Ch. 42: Good Boys Have Purpose and Bad Alphas Face Backlash

Matt's POV

By saying the fated words that would end my bond with Thierry...

By watching his sisters and cousin plunge the sword into his chest as he shed tears of heartbreak while they laughed and partied...

By watching Luciane break down his strong facade and become a disgraced divine heir of Amalia...

By watching my parents get killed by Tiana and Fianna ("We don't want you to get distracted from us," the latter had replied cheekily before two scientists started to take my fallen parents away to their secret labs)...

After all of that...I was officially a disgraced Alpha wolf who had lost the one thing that I had going for my life ll because I thought I was doing what was right: rejecting poor Thierry Lemieux and downgrading from a young man with vintage values to three harlots with a "junkie" mindset.

I was no better than the foolish-from-birth Alphas that had done much worse with a rejected Omega.

And I was now a marked man for death.

Since that announcement, the entire supernatural council had deemed me and Luciane unfit to lead our respective packs here in town and Seattle or any other pack across the globe and was immediately taken away to the supernatural-themed prison that was miles away from Sammons Falls. And the moment Moranox and I arrived, any hope of gaining any sympathy from the other prisoners flew out of the window since word of what had happened spread to them like a raging wildfire. And boy, everyone- prisoners and security guards alike as well as male and female- were pissed off like hell.

"You idiots! You rejected the last surviving child of the Moon Goddess and let those whores kill him mercilessly!"

"Hot damn it to hell, Moranox! Your Mama is going to hang your balls by the noose if word reaches Her temple and the underworld. There's a special place there reserved for you and Rosseaux-Yanez! Have fun roasting your balls!"

"You're an idiot, Rosseaux-Yanez! You just broke a solemn vow that you made to the Moon Goddess and have incurred Her and the other gods and goddesses' wrath for this! I'd kill to have that boy in my bed if I wasn't in this place. I'd treat him like a prince and made sure that he and I would run my former pack like a tight ship."

"You need to ditch those whores and BEG for that boy's forgiveness, fools! They're detrimental divas who are big fat zeros while Lemieux's a five-star brother who can make any one of us Alphas duel to the death for his hand in marriage."

It went on and on and so forth, up to the point where the portly warden (who was the Alpha husband of one of Thierry's Luna allies) allowed the guards to beat us up within an inch of our lives before tossing us to solitary confinement until either Thierry wakes up or he dies and Luciane and I would get shot, hung, or even burned to the stake.

They said that pride goes before a fall. Well, blind decisions also go before a fall. Too bad nobody had the good sense to tell me that.

Wait...they did tell me and I didn't listen. All the same, I was a fucked up Alpha who had become an instant pariah of the supernatural world in less than an hour. And while Thierry's female relatives and his bullies back in Austin are celebrating his death, the rest of the Lone Star State are calling for their deaths as well as mine and Luciane's.

All in all, I was a dead man breathing all because of my foolish rejection of Thierry Lemieux.

************************

Thierry's POV

DREAM SEQUENCE