Ch. 30: Hospital Blues, Pt. 3

Thierry's POV

They say that being in a medically-induced coma is like being prepared for the hands of death itself. No matter if it's for surgery or being in a car crash, it's all the same- groaning in pain as you're taken to the hospital, being forced to wait for pain medication, and then having various voices from the land of the living fill your ears while you wonder whether or not it's time to get your house in order.

And in my case, it's even worse when you're a teenager who's finally getting a taste of life after spending most of it with barbed words, fading scars, and too much remorse for what could've been. It's always been like that when one has been bullied by the school as well as family and friends.

And even as I float amongst the sea of darkness that's between the thresholds of life and death, I think about all the times that I had to suffer in silence, go without meals thanks to my family starving me because I wasn't deserving to eat their food since I wasn't living their version of the American dream, settled for less while everyone got the best in life, having to be my own best friend when Jose and Elisa weren't around and when Grandma Dru couldn't save me from the hell that was my home and dealing with the insecurities that lingered in my mind.

Too much time thinking that I wasn't perfect made me feel like that crazy chick from "Kill Bill." But at least I wasn't hell-bent on getting revenge with a samurai sword as my lone weapon. I don't think I could stand the sight of blood (unless it's my own) to commit murder, anyhow.

Back to business.

I'm just lost in the blessed void that has kept me from the hands of Ambrose and Lincoln. No doubt that Matt is dealing with them right now and my family is on their way to dealing with me. But in a way, I was expecting this to be my ultimate endgame when it came to finally biting the bullet- being killed by multiple stab wounds and all that. I was hoping for a gunshot to the head to make the waiting game quick enough to finally embrace my final judgment. But you can't have everything, I guess.

And besides, I did have a great run when I was alive: finally leaving the toxic neighborhood to attend Sammons Falls Academy, meeting Ariana and the witches who were the friends that I never had, being able to grab a hot boyfriend like Matt, and enjoying the relationship even though I wasn't sure how long it would last- it was all great to finally take a walk on the wild side even though I was the sweet and demure Good Boy of the Lone-Star State. My only regrets were not being able to enjoy it all sooner and not being able to settle the score with my family as I had planned. I don't know what might have been if I had finally gained their respect to be taken seriously enough. But at least I can finally be away from any more drama.

As for Matt, maybe he can finally be at ease knowing that I became his first love. Maybe another male can grant him a happy ending between the two of them. He did say that second-chance mates were hard to come by for anyone who lost their first one due to death or rejection unless something special required it. Who knows? Maybe She can give Matt someone to make him forget such a simple fool like I am.

A small beam of white light emerges from the darkness that slowly yet gradually becomes brighter and brighter. My body starts to lax and my soul feels more mellowed out. My eyes start to grow heavy as my heart begins to slow down its pace. And then, just as I begin to finally say a final farewell, the light began to take a more human form and becomes more and more realistic.