Ch. 31: Good Boys Make Nice with Their Enemies (Pt. 1)

"Thank the Goddess that you're okay," Matt breathed as he and I enjoyed a semblance of the afternoon meal the hospital provided for the two of us. "When I heard what the girls did to you nearly had me dying my damn self, Thierry. I want you to never scare me like that again, even if it's unintentional."

"I won't," I promised him. "I'm actually glad that I've been healed by the Moon Goddess, you know?"

That caught my mate's attention, him giving me a look of surprise as he set aside his container of the bland tapioca. "I had a feeling she did, given the fact that the witches told me about who you really are," he began. "What did she tell you exactly?

I nodded. "She told me everything who I am regarding my status as a dormant werewolf and being her direct descendant," I answered. "She introduced me to my werewolf half named Sirion before warning me of the dangers ahead regarding the war against the rogue supernaturals and rebel hunters, not to mention how my sisters and Mi'Chelle will play a role in the middle of it all. I wasn't liking that part, but She told me to trust fully in her plan and all will be made clear when the time comes."

Matt patted my head, placing a kiss on my cheek. "I know," he assured me. "Thierry, I really can't tell you what will happen when the time to defend our status and protect the other supernaturals alongside the loyal hunters arrives. If anything, neither one of us might be able to make it out unscathed. But all I do know is that we have to rely on each other and make sure that our mating bond is firmly established without reservation. And with the mating ceremony coming up during Homecoming week, you and I will need to fully trust each other and be thorough without any pretense. I believe in the two of us, Thierry Lemieux. Do you believe in what we share? Do you believe in our love?"

I took a deep breath, already knowing the answer right before he asked me. "I do," I replied. "I believe in the two of us, Matthieux Rosseaux-Yanez. The day our paths crossed was the day when life would never be the same. Time means nothing as no one can stop it even if one dares to try. As for you and I, I know that Kristoff believes in Sirion as I believe in you."

"Thank you, my mate," Matt purred, letting a bit of his wolf show through via his voice. "I plan to make sure that nothing ever comes between the two of us."

"I'll hold you to that," I reminded him.

"We will, too," came the voice of Aquilla as she, Velvet, and Ariana came into the room dressed impeccably as usual. "And you know that the Moon Goddess is making sure that the both of you stay true to each other and Her."

"That's right," agreed Velvet as she came to the right side of my bed with some freshly-baked cupcakes. "Anyway, your family's settled into a hotel downtown, Thierry, with your grandmother touching down in Logan International Airport not too long ago. And yes, she did bring the Gruesome Threesome with her. Your grandma reminds me so much like my late grandmama Josie, may she rest in peace. While those girls?"

Aquilla shook her head. "Those twin sisters of yours have no shame with their flirting every guy in the room, but thankfully they got detained by the police," she replied.

"Why?" I wanted to know.

"They had guns and other ammunition with them," Ariana replied curtly, a frown marring her face. "And if I know any better, they're up to no good and will soon plan an attack. I had Electrique beef up security with the guards in the state prison near Boston."

"Thank you," I breathed. "And Grandma Dru?"

The door swung open to reveal the older woman in question, looking demure in a simple red dress and black heels. "Hello, my grandson," she smiled. "I see that you're on the mend after what those she-wolves did you you and your mate."