Ch. 29: Hospital Blues, Pt. 2

Third-Person POV

"I hate hospitals," Cameron muttered as he, his sister, and his brother-in-law made their way through the slightly-crowded halls of Sammons Falls Memorial Hospital. "It reminds me of the day when I lost Floriana to cancer or the times I had to bring in Mi'Chelle for small injuries and whatnot. And now, Thierry's in here fighting for his life."

"But you forget that we never had to bring him in since Mom was the one to do that," Mrs. Lemieux reminded him as they approached the elevator, tensing up as she caught a glimpse of the amazingly-tall young woman named Electrique Shoque. "The three of us were mainly the ones who would leave Thierry for dead if we had our way."

Electrique snorted.

"Well, that was then and this is now," Mr. Lemieux commented as the elevator reached the fifth floor. "And if anything does happen to Thierry before we all had a chance to make things right, who knows what Druscilla might do as well as the wolves who have taken up arms for him."

"Don't forget about the witch coven," Cameron added as the elevator slowed to a stop. "From what Mother told me, the leader is not only Thierry's homeroom teacher, she's his mentor as much as Mom was to her. Not only that, her assistants, all drag queens, are known to be some very powerful beings who can cause a lot of hell on earth if someone's not careful."

"Preach," Electrique said, fighting a smirk as they jostled out of the elevator and approached a receptionist's desk where a middle-aged woman held court answering phones and dealing with visitors and relatives of the patients. Nearby, a stone-faced man held the hand of his young son that was clutching a stuffed dinosaur, both of them teary-eyed.

"Hey, Shoque," the black-haired receptionist (a fire nymph) greeted. "The other witches are waiting for you and the young future Luna's family."

"Thanks, Cathy," Electrique replied as she handed the family a clipboard for them to sign their names. "Did you make sure that-"

"Ariana's got her glass of champagne on hand and there's a small serve of canapes at the ready," Cathy replied. To Thierry's family, "You guys might want to brace yourselves. Ms. Vivacious has a lot to say about you all regarding your son and nephew."

"I'll bet," Mr. Lemieux replied gruffly. "And where are Ms. Vivacious and her clan?"

"Ah, no need to look for me, Lemieux clan," said a smooth and formal voice.

All heads whipped around to see the dark-skinned transgender woman dressed perfectly in a cream-colored blouse and business skirt that reached the bottom of her knees. Her stiletto heels made her taller than her leather-clad underling and her face was perfectly made up as if she was getting ready for a red-carpet debut. But despite all of that, she didn't look too pleased to see either of Thierry's parents or his uncle.

Mrs. Lemieux's eyes went wide as teacup saucers. "That's Thierry's homeroom teacher and the leader of the witch coven?" she exclaimed softly to her husband. "She doesn't look like any of the old witches I read in those Wattpad books."

"Ix-nay on the old-nay," her husband replied sotto-voce. He smiled softly as he approached the cocoa-skinned Glamazon. "You must be-"

"I know who you are," Ariana cut him off, her sharp glare startling the man a bit. "You're Thierry's parents and uncle- the three adults in his life who had made it a living nightmare and almost made him want to end it all had it not been for my mentor Druscilla."

"We're here to talk about what's going on," Mrs. Lemieux said curtly. "And we want to see if Thierry is doing okay."

"All will be revealed as soon as you three and my coven and I set the record straight between all of us," Ariana intoned. "Come along. There's a small service of canapes and champagne at the conference room where my other witches await your appearance."