Ch. 41: Even Good Boys Go Through Heartbreak

Thierry's POV

Later that afternoon, I was standing in front of the floor-length mirror of the bathroom that I was currently in. After a bit of classwork and some supernatural lessons with the tutors, I was told to be dressed in my best attire and to meet with my mates in the indoor auditorium. "The Alphas-to-be insisted on your request, sir," my designated guard Shane had told me earlier as he accompanied me back to the dormitories. "I think that the worst is about to come, sir Luna."

And judging from the way he said that last sentence, I knew that the inevitable was indeed coming my way

Matthieux Rosseaux-Yanez and Luciane Moranox were going to commit the unforgivable sin against Druscilla (the Moon Goddess, AKA my Mother) and leave me for my sisters and cousin.

But the funny (in an ironic way) thing about it all was that I was feeling nothing but an ominous yet blissful calm as I took myself a nice and calming bath while patting my still-flat belly, drank lots of water alongside some cups of tea to rehydrate myself after crying my eyes out, and prepared to dress like I was being prepared for a funeral: a crispy-white dress shirt with a cream-colored suit and black oxford shoes. I wore no other jewelry other than the Maltese cross that Jose's mother gifted to me on his cremation and Grandpa Othel's ring that was on my right finger.

"Knock-knock," came the saddened voice of Velvet as she opened the door for me with Electrique, Aquilla, and Summertyme standing behind her while Ariana hung back. "Are you ready, Thierry?"

I turned around to see my gaggle of drag-queen witch coven giving me a sympathetic look. "As ready as I'll ever be," I commented. "I mean, I knew that this day was bound to come sooner or later when it came down to Matt needing to make a hard choice to save his parents. I just never expected for this day to come this soon."

"We'll help you through this," Aquilla replied. "For all we know, things might not be as they appear, and that-"

She was cut off by me moaning in pain softly as I doubled over while clutching my stomach.

"Goddess," breathed Sagittarina, coming to me before placing her manicured hand on my stomach. "Thierry, your pups...I'm afraid that-"

The worst was about to begin, folks.

My children were dying in my womb and I was soon going to lose them thanks to the inevitable. "I'll be fine," I grunted, letting myself stand up straighter before I took deep breaths. My eyes were misting at the thought of losing everything all at once.

I'm so sorry, Thierry, Kristoff's voice intoned in my head. Once you hear the fated words, our pups will die instantly. There's nothing to reverse this damage.

I know, Kristoff, I replied through our mind link. At least I can be prepared to face this rejection nicely and easily.

"Thierry," came the motherly voice of my mentor as she came to my side. "Are you sure that you're going to be okay with-"

"I won't be all right," I interrupted her, letting a tear fall from my eyes. "But I plan to be all right in the future."

Ariana nodded solemnly, her eyes full of sadness for my sake and rage against my two soon-to-be ex-mates. "I wish Druscilla could be here to help you through this," she muttered as she took my hand. "And I would give my soul to see Amalia go on the warpath against her son."

"Who can say what will happen, Ariana?" Summertyme replied as we trooped out of the large restroom before being joined by the gloomy faces of the designated guards alongside Landon and Jacerimiah, the mated Beta warriors none too amused to see my dejected state. "But you are right when you said that we could use the hands of the gods and goddesses right now to guide us through this storm."