Epilogue Pt. 1: Thierry's Endgame & New Beginnning

Several months later (spring semester, graduation)...

I tossed my cap into the air with the other classmates, the air of celebration and accomplishment in the air as the senior class of 2017 at Sammons Falls Academy had finished their commencement exercises, an exuberant Ariana Vivacious taking the lead as the interim headmistress and the mistress of ceremonies.

The days following the end of the war, it was a time of mourning for the late Rosseaux-Yanez couple, the fallen former Alpha and Luna of the Sammons Falls werewolf pack. Matt's parents were widely known for their no-nonsense leadership and their gentle hand in showing mercy when needed. Aside from their son (who was officially incarcerated alongside Luciane Moranox for the swift execution of my sisters and cousin, thus having their memories of being mated to me returned to them by some twist of fate, but oh well), they were known for having a strong pack that stood against the test of time and have formed a stronger bond with the town and other packs themselves.

Landon and his family were officially made the new Alpha family, they allied with Jace's vampire coven and formed a new community as the Silver Keys werewolf/vampire coven. Landon and Jace were already known as a force to not be taken lightly and more supernatural packs and covens would gather around by the dozen to form alliances and cooperatives.

Of course, I stayed around as an advisor to the newly-formed coven/pack, forming consolidations and helping loners and exiled Omegas find their purpose. I was also around to make sure that no mistreatment of either was apparent (thankfully, there was none around, but I was never too careful since anything was bound to happen).

As for any trace of sour Alphas that rejected their true mates or any feral rogues and rebel hunters, there were virtually nonexistent since I had many of the law-abiding hunters be deputized into the police offices in Massachusetts and all across the country to make sure nothing like that would happen again. But there was some opposition, though it was quickly quashed.

As for my life after the war and rejection?

Well...it was all about taking things one day at a time, starting with being forced to take a week from classes by an insistent Ariana (I was already ahead in everything) and focusing on myself for a spell. And boy, the first night after everything was finally left said and done, I had cried my eyes out over being rejected and nearly dying. The second night was being angry at myself for not doing more to stop my ex-mates from being rejected. But the third night was when I finally owned up to what was done and I had accepted that life was never the same again...

FLASHBACK (Three nights after the war)...

"Thierry?"

I opened my eyes, the voice of Electrique snapping me out of my meditative state as I got up from the floor. "Coming," I muttered, crossing the living room area before opening the door to reveal the mage who was holding some bags of food with the other queens and Mr. Demeroux (the head leader of the supernatural council) behind her. "Come in, you guys. What brings you here?"

"Mainly came to check up on you," Velvet commented, noting how the apartment that I once shared with the boy who shattered my heart was now cleaned. "And I can tell that you've been trying to keep busy. But how are you emotionally?"

I took a couple of breaths. "Well, I'm just learning to focus on things one day at a time," I admitted. "I mean, the first night without my mates I had cried my eyes out while the second night left me stewing in a sea of rage at them for breaking my heart and at myself for not stopping them sooner. But as I woke up this morning to shower and handle some errands, I realized that all things had a reason for happening and that there was no more use for either living in the past or asking what I could've done since I knew that She knew of my fate from the start. That, and I knew that I was too much of a half-deity to act like a baby and throw tantrums. So I decided that now was the time to start moving forward."