Ch. 44: Good Boys Set Lovers Free and Follow the Sun

I never had a chance to step inside a prison before, much less been cursed to be sent to one since I was the Lone Star State's good boy who kept his mind on books and stayed out of trouble (though I had been bullied because of it).

But I wasn't here because I was in trouble. I was here to say one final farewell to the two men that I thought would love me for all eternity and would stand by my side as their rightful and true Luna.

Matthieux Rosseaux-Yanez and Luciane Moranox, the disgraced respective former Alphas of their packs here in Sammons Falls and Seattle with the latter being the now-disinherited son of his mother- my aunt- Amalia (the goddess of wrath and goddess of the underworld).

"Great heavens," the warden, a stout and portly older gentleman, breathed as he briefly bowed in front of me after I teleported myself and the Three Harlots into his office. "Master Thierry, have the rogues and rebels been-"

"They will be of no more trouble," I assured him, cutting him off. "The rogues and rebels have been rightfully taken care of, and people are gathering up the loner shifters and displaced hunters who were held captive in rogue packs and various communities. But the main reason for my appearance is to finally see my mates one last time and give them their rightful punishment."

"Understandably so, given what had happened and all," the man said, narrowing his eyes at my sisters who were still stunned at what I did to the whole rogue army. "Of course, I assume that you brought your ex-sisters and ex-cousin as part of this."

"That is true," I commented. "To be precise, I came to give my ex-mates their exact wish and reciprocate their rejection of our mating bond so they can be with these young...ladies of the evening."

"Why would you want to do that?" Mi'Chelle wanted to know, having been silenced by the shock until now.

I turned to her with a nonchalant look. "Isn't it obvious?" I asked. "They thought to get rid of me when they had ample opportunity to fight by my side, but Matt was the one to reject me for you three with Luciane following his orders. Maybe they feel guilty or they stand by their word. Either case, I'm here to grant them AND you three the wish to be together."

To the non-perturbed warden, "Can you tell me where Moranox and Rosseaux-Yanez are by any chance? The sooner that I get this done, the sooner I can move forward with my life as I follow the sun to a new destiny forged for me."

"At this time, they are currently in the mess hall with the other prisoners," the warden answered. "But they are well-guarded since all of the prisoners here as well as the guards and random visitors that stop by have chewed them out for their actions. They even called to arms and wanted to fight for your honor should any of those rogues and rebel hunters come over here. But since all is quiet, those boys are still giving your ex-mates the billionth degree. I can have a few of the guards outside lead you and your...company to the mess hall and have the other prisoners leave so you can have privacy."

"That'll be fine with the escorts, but I want the other prisoners to watch this," I replied, nodding. "I want them to see what happens when a jackass of an Alpha rejects an Omega or a displaced loner for pride, self-preservation, or any other selfish reason. Plus, I figured that an audience would help me get to know these men and women better."

The warden grinned. "Consider it done," he said as two guards appeared and bowed before me. "Send Mr. Lemieux and his company to the mess hall," he instructed. "And make sure that the other guards off-duty provide security in the hallways and the mess hall."

The guards nodded. "This way, Your Grace," he said in a deep voice.

"Thierry, what the hell is going on?" Fianna asked in disbelief.