Ch. 34: Mating Plans And Death By Bullets

Well, last night was nothing short of chaotic," Landon replied as he and I left the last class of the morning in search of some good food at the cafeteria. "I never expected your grandmother to become the Moon Goddess, Thierry, much less the fact that you're at the center of an ongoing war to erase all Her descendants with you being the very last one standing. How the hell can you be so calm about all of this? If I were you, I'd be ready to run out of town and swear to become a monk!"

I silently waved at a few members of the basketball team before the Beta werewolf and I made our way outside. "Well, I guess you can say that I had plenty of practice of expecting the unexpected," I replied. "Yeah, I admit that I was shocked at Druscilla being my actual birth-mother and me being at the epicenter of the war. When I started to take all of the news in, I wanted to be angry at Her, you know? She could've at least tried to tell me all of this beforehand. I might not have believed Her, but she could've at least tried to tell me the truth."

"But Velvet did say that your parents might have stuck with your harsh childhood AND your life would always be in danger," Landon reminded me. "I mean, Druscilla- I mean, the Moon Goddess- always has Her cryptic ways to make sure that we don't know anything that we're not supposed to know head-on."

"Exactly," I replied. "I knew that She didn't want to take any chances, so here I am with the current timeline that we're living in. Why try to change the past when we can prepare for the future and enjoy living in the now?"

"I'll drink to that. Anyway, I assume that you and Matt are slated to sit down with that Moranox dude about the upcoming mating ceremonies? Jace and I plan to have ours done as early as tomorrow, him saying that he's been waiting to claim his mate- me- for the longest time ever, and he wants to make sure that all jealous wolves and vampires know that I am his alone."

I sighed heavily. "I'm actually due to meet him later after magic lessons," I replied. "If anything, we're planning to get to know each other before we plan our mating ceremony."

"I still can't believe that you got TWO Alphas ready to dominate you in the bedroom and yet be so loving and passionate. Bro, you're one lucky bastard with two guys- one of them being my future Alpha and the other the son of a volatile female deity who can make a condemned soul's life a living nightmare in the underworld. I feel sorry for anyone who dares to cross him or his Mother."

"Well, it's weird having Luciane being my mate since he's kind of like a distant cousin," I commented, feeling my face heat up. "But Druscilla did tell me that Amalia and Her legion of warriors, as well as the other gods and goddesses of the supernatural, approved of me when we met last night before they laid it on thick on my surrogate parents and Uncle Cameron."

"Oh yeah," Landon replied, fighting a laugh as we reached the cafeteria. "I can only imagine how any of the military branches taking in a former drill sergeant break-dancing briefly in front of the Faerie Queen as a warning or how the goddess of the banshees bursting your surrogate dad's eardrums with her rant. Thank the heavens that I was prepared with earplugs."

We laughed as we collected our lunch trays and began to make our selections for the afternoon meal. I know that Mama Andretta and her clan were ready to make sure that I had a full and proper meal since the magic training was going to take a lot of energy out of me.

*******************

"There he is," Matt smiled as I crossed the threshold and was greeted by both him and Luciane (both of them shirtless and wearing only jeans) as the smell of dinner wafted from the kitchens. "We were just coming from a nightly run before curfew began."

"So I can tell," I said, my eyes widening at their muscled glory with their abs and chests drenched with sweat. "What smells so good?"

"Courtesy of your mother," replied Luciane as he took my backpack while Matt helped me out of my peacoat. "She and your father and uncle were planning to pick up your sisters and cousins before they made plans to head back to Texas. Probably for the best since the three of us needs to have little to no drama as our mating ceremony is drawing near."