Ch. 35: Mourning the Fallen And Showimg Haters the Rage From the Heart

"I'm so sorry, Thierry," Mrs. Rosseaux-Yanez said morosely as the bodies of my parents were being taken out of the dormitory. "I know that this is all so sudden for you, but we promise you that your parents' deaths will be avenged."

I had fully recovered from the initial shock and hysteria from watching my parents be shot down by a sniper bullet. It was Matt and Luciane who had verified the news that it was the sniper who offed my parents and an overzealous hunter had ambushed Uncle Cameron as he was on the way back to the hotel he and the others were staying in by orders of Tiana and Fianna while Mi'Chelle was the one to hire the sniper to shoot my parents.

I didn't want the news to be true, but it was.

My parents and uncle, the same ones who had begged for my forgiveness at last night's dinner party after years of abuse and neglect, were murdered by sisters and cousin who were now a part of the ongoing war to make sure that I, the last moon wolf and descendant of Druscilla (my grandmother/actual birth mother and the Moon Goddess) was snuffed out completely and would do whatever it takes to make sure that they would win.

"This is fucked up," Matt hissed as he and Luciane, both of them covered in small patches of blood after helping some of the Beta warriors carry the bodies out of the room, "Thierry, the police had wanted you to give them a statement, but knew that you were too stunned from the shock to do so. They'll be back tomorrow to talk with you and ask how you're going to handle the arrangements for the funeral."

"If it's any help, love," Luciane added as he came to my side while Ariana came from the kitchen, "some of my Mother's warriors are still casting out nets to make sure that we're going to keep on the top of the game regarding this war. I do not want you to have to lose any more loved ones before the actual showdown."

"It might not be that simple," Aquilla said uneasily. "I've been in touch with some of the fae shifters and even the seers from other paths. They've been foreseeing what might happen in this war, and there've been some similar endpoints for what's to come: Thierry's parents and uncle are three of several people that will lose their lives before the actual attacks begin. And despite all of our efforts, Thierry will more than likely have to face down the oppressors...alone."

My mind was reeling. "What?" I said weakly.

Velvet nodded slowly, her dark eyes full of sorrow. "It's true, I'm afraid," she replied. "Thierry, you're the main reason why this war between the rogue shifters with the rebel hunters and the rest of us who abide by the laws of the Council is taking place. You being the descendant of Dru- er, the Moon Goddess- is the main focal point for why the rogues and rebels are out for blood. Many do not want to see Her descendants increase in number and will make sure to snuff you out whether by slavery, torture, decapitation, sex/drug trafficking, or sheer abuse by the rebel hunters and sadistic scientists so they can either use you for science or harvest your body parts and selling you for top dollar. No tea, no shade, and no pink lemonade, but you might have to make a sacrifice to make sure that this war is over and done with, Thierry. You or your mates- maybe even all three of you- will have to make a costly move to ensure that this war comes to an end."

"That will never happen," Matt said firmly, he and Luciane pulling me into their embrace. "We're not going to let our mate have to-"

"You might have no other choice," Summertyme reminded them. "Right now, the three of you need to lean on each other more than ever and make sure that your mating ceremony is complete before anything else threatens your relationships."

And judging from what was said by the collective of witches, mages, and fey/nymph/spark hybrids; I knew that they were very serious in what was set to happen. I just hoped that more tragedy wasn't in store after-