Ch. 16: Reality Check for the Lemieux Adults (Part 1)

Third-Person POV

Back in Austin, Texas...

"This never ceases to amaze me," commented Mr. Lemieux as he and his wife were joined by Grandmother Dru and Mr. Cameron Sinclaire after learning that they sent their only son to a school full of supernaturals and has been recently been paired with a future Alpha werewolf who's also his roommate and the son of the headmistress of Sammons Falls Academy (who was also a werewolf). "Our son has come out of his shell and has become the hottest topic at his new school."

"Mm-hmm," agreed his wife, smiling faintly as she looked at her fingernails. "I mean, I have heard some of the things that I would read on Wattpad with those gay supernatural stories where the lowly Omega is given redemption by a hot Alpha and has a whirlwind romance full of drama and scandals. But I have NEVER imagined that this was actually real."

"Well, it IS real, sister," Uncle Cameron piped up, looking ecstatic. "I mean, I never really imagined the matter until I saw Headmistress Rosseaux-Yanez shift in front of us through her...well, astral plane when I demanded proof. And now, Thierry has hit the jackpot! Mama, how come you never said anything until now about all of this?"

The older woman gave him a pointed glare. "Would it make any difference?" she said sharply. "You, your daughter, and that boy's own parents and sisters have been treating poor Thierry like he was nothing but garbage for all your life while dealing with the mess back at Andrews-Carter High. I'm only surprised that he survived that long before y'all shipped him there because if he had committed suicide because of y'all, I would have never, EVER forgiven either of you. Y'all would've felt my wrath even if I had gone to my grave with a broken heart over Thierry's death."

"Come on, now," Mr. Lemieux scoffed as he noticed Elisa and Jose come inside with their maid following behind them. "We haven't really treated Thierry like trash a lot of times."

Dru mockingly laughed. "Oh, really?" she sneered. "What about all those times when you made him clean up after y'all when y'all were too drunk from those fucking raves your daughters threw all weekend before making him sleep outside and denied him food?"

"Well, I-uh," Mr. Lemieux stammered. "I thought he needed to learn how to be a real man and-"

"Or the times y'all let those girls humiliate him at their school's pep rallies for their entertainment?" she went on.

"That might be a bit much, but it was all in good fun," Mrs. Lemieux defended.

"Or what about the times you, Cameron, made him stay with you and Mi'Chelle the Cum-Slut and have him become your punching bag and whipping boy over the summer for the last two years?" Dru seethed.

"Hey, we were toughening him up,' Cameron protested.

"And now, y'all want to say that he's finally somebody and y'all want to support him whatever he does?" Elisa exclaimed, her vampire hackles rising in anger as she and Jose took in the weak protests of Thierry's parents and uncle. "I'm disgusted that y'all want to be so supportive of him when y'all basically played favorites. Haven't y'all heard of the movie Ordinary People? And look how that turned out for the surviving boy in the movie!"

"He was doing just fine!" Mr. Lemieux replied tersely. "We might have been bad parents and a bad uncle, but Thierry came out of the wash just fine. Not always physically okay, but he mentally turned out okay."

Jose, hissing angrily, raced over to the older man and was ready to choke him out had it not been for Elisa stopping him before she bared her fangs at the three adults while her eyes flashed red. "You three should be sucked off your blood," he growled, also baring his fangs. "If it weren't for my mate keeping me from doing something rash, I'd do just that. You, Mr. Lemieux, as well as your wife and brother-in-law are the worst people that my best friend had to deal with in his life. The only thing that's keeping you alive right now is that your son might be in terrible danger."