Gabriel Markus Shepherd-Deluca dies

The next day, Amelia decides to get her knee sutured up. She has a pretty nasty cut from when she fell the other night. Her and Carina are both awake now. She walks down to the ortho ward and the doctor suturing her up is none other than Atticus Lincoln. She pushes Link away and pages Lexie. Lexie comes running.

"Where's the patient?" Lexie asks frantically.

"There's no patient, Lex. Can you just suture my knee up for me, please?" Amelia says calming her sister down.

"Oh okay, sure thing. What happened to your knee?" Lexie says getting the things she needs to suture Amelia's knee.

"Oh, I just had a pretty bad fall" Amelia says, wincing as Lexie starts suturing her knee.

"Sorry, does that hurt?" Lexie asks.

"A little, but I'll push through" Amelia says.

Carina goes to where Amelia and Lexie are just as Lexie finishes suturing.

Derek comes storming in, he had just found out about Amelia's pregnancy. "Amelia Francis Shepherd, why didn't you tell me about your pregnancy!?" He also just found out about Carina. "And why didn't you tell me about your girlfriend! Are you sleeping with her!?"

Her head hurts right now, she absolutely does not want to deal with her brother. "I don't have to tell you every little thing about my life, Derek, including my sex life" She says as she starts to feel some pain in her stomach. She squeezes Carina's hand as tightly as she can.

"Oh really?" Derek says. "Want me to tell her about when our dad died? Want me to tell her about how you're a recovering drug addict, how you lost your baby, Christopher to anencephaly? Because I'm pretty sure she doesn't know any of those things."

"Derek, just stop" She says gripping onto the side of the gurney, feeling something drip down her legs. She starts to panic on the inside a little. Derek's just upset because Meredith didn't have sex with him last night; she keeps telling herself.

"You're so annoying, Amy" Derek says, walking away grumpily. She begins to cry. Not because Derek's being a jerk, she's use to that, but because of how much pain she's in.

Amelia looks up at Carina with tears streaming down her face. "Carina, something's wrong, I don't feel good"

That's when Amelia collapses in Carina's arms, the blood still dripping down her thighs.

"I need a gurney over here!" Carina yells to one of the nurses.

***************

Once they find out why Amelia's bleeding she gets rushed to surgery. Amelia has vanishing twin syndrome meaning one baby dies and the other lives. Amelia's baby boy was the one who died and the baby girl lived.

Carina gets finished doing the surgery on Amelia. Then, she gets rolled to the ICU.

Amelia wakes up a few minutes later. "I had a miscarriage didn't I?" She asked Carina.

Carina nods, laying next to Amelia on the hospital bed. "Well, vanishing twin syndrome, but yes"

"It hurts so much, both physically and mentally" Amelia says.

"I know baby, I know" Carina says.

Well, now her daughter doesn't have both of her older brothers. No, Christopher or Gabriel. She starts tearing up again knowing that her baby won't have her brothers by her side as she grows up.

"Shhh, you're okay" Carina says calming Amelia whilst climbing on the bed and laying beside her.

Amelia rolls over and lays cuddles into Carina's chest. "Hey babe?"