Thunderstorm

It's about 6pm and there's a severe thunderstorm warning in Seattle. Classic Seattle. It always rains or snows.

Carina and Amelia are at home with the kids. They've both been working long hours at the hospital.

Amara had Grayson on March 30th 2022. I'm He has his mothers blonde hair, but his fathers curls. He also has Mark's blue eyes.

Mark had been walking around with Grayson until him and Amara both agreed that they were hungry and in the mood for Mexican food. Mark ordered some food for them and when to go pick it up. Mark has been so excited that they had a boy, ever since they found out it was a boy. Mark's finally getting the little boy he's wanted. Grayson's perfect to them.

There's a loud crash of thunder causing Amara to jump, as well as making the lights go out. "Are you serious?!" Not only does Amara's hospital room lights go out, the entire hospitals lights go out.

**********************

Carina and Amelia are home now. The lights are out and the tv doesn't work.

"You wanna watch a movie?" Carina asks her wife.

"Sure"

"Okay"

Both woman decide to watch something. Just at they're halfway through the movie the phone line decides to die.

"Damn it!" Carina shouts.

This kind of made Amelia jump because she wasn't expecting it. "What?"

"Phone line died" Carina says taking her phone and putting it on the side table next to the couch.

"Oh...damn it" Amelia says.

"Mommy, the lights are flickering" Victoria says.

"I know sweetie, it's okay. It's just because of the power" Carina replies. She goes to grab a flashlight from the cupboard.

They don't exactly know what to do now.

"Ma" Iris squeals.

"Hi baby girl" Carina says picking Iris up. Iris started talking and walking when Amelia got kidnapped a month ago.

*******************

Carina makes some of her delicious pasta for dinner and then her and Amelia put Victoria and Iris to bed, then they go to bed.

Amelia falls right asleep. Carina doesn't fall asleep right away. She listens to the pitter-patter of the rain and little bits of hail on the window. She loved storms as kid. Now, she loves it even more as an adult.

****************

A/N: There was a thunderstorm here on Saturday, so that was my inspiration. It was raining and hailing here.