Iris Caroline Shepherd-DeLuca is born

Lexie, Mark and Carina had decided to go the Bali last minute. They got to their hotel whilst Amelia had gone back to Seattle. They take a little stroll along the beach before going back to their hotel room. It's two separate rooms connected together so Carina can't hear anything if Lexie and Mark decide to have sex.

Carina's on the balcony looking towards the ocean, listening to the waves crash against the shore. It's soothing. There's a gorgeous sunset too. "Gosh, Amelia would love this" She says to Lexie.

"Yeah, she would" Lexie says.

*******************

Meanwhile, it's around 3am in Seattle and Amelia starts having contractions. She doesn't think they're contractions at first though. She gets up to get a glass of water downstairs. She stops at the top of the stairs rocking back and forth on her feet. Her water breaks right then and there. That's when she realizes she's in labor. She immediately calls Addison.

"Hello" ~Addison

"Addie, Addie, I'm having contractions a-and my water just broke"~Amelia

"Okay, okay Amelia, I'm coming!" ~Addison

"I-it hurts" ~Amelia

"I know it does, Amy, hold on" ~Addison

"Addie..."~Amelia

"Yes?"~Addison

"C-can you stay on the phone with me?" ~Amelia

"Yes, of course Amelia!" ~Addison

Addison gets to Amelia's house and uses the key under the doormat to get in.

Amelia's laying on the couch in pain. "It hurts, Addie"

"I know it does, let's get you to the hospital" Addison tell her.

"No, I can't! Not without Carina here!" Amelia says.

"Want me to call her?" Addison asks.

"Please" Amelia says crying in pain.

"Okay" Addison grabs Amelia's phone and presses on the contact 'My love' she assumes that's Carina. She gets Amelia into the car on their way to the hospital.

*****************

Carina hears her phone ringing, sees it's Amelia and immediately picks up. "Hello?"

"Hi, so uh-this is Addison and I just wanted to say Amelia's in labor" ~Addison

"Crap, okay I'm coming!" ~Carina

"Addie, can I talk to her?" Amelia asks.

Addison nods and gives Amelia the phone.

"Babe, it hurts" ~Amelia

"I know bambina, just stay with Addison, I'll be there soon" ~Carina

"O-okay"~Amelia

Amelia gives her phone back to Addison.

"Thank you, Addison" ~Carina

"You're welcome, Carina" ~Addison

Carina hangs up, zips up her suit case and just about out there when Lexie comes over to her.

"What happened, Carina?" Lexie asks.

"I have to go, Amelia's in labor" Carina says panicky.

"Oh crap! Can I come?" Lexie asks.

"Yes, just hurry. I do not wanna miss this" Carina says.

"Okay, okay" Lexie says getting packed immediately. Mark asks to come with so he does.

***************

They get onto a flight back to Seattle. Lexie's sitting with Carina as Mark's sitting with some strangers.

Carina's a little fidgety on the flight. "I can not miss this, Lexie"

"I know, Carina and you won't" Lexie reassures her.

Carina smiles a little. "I'm gonna be a mom, Lex" Carina had already told Lexie about how she lost two babies when she was in Italy from her two abusers and her miscarriage with Maya when Lexie miscarriage Huxley.

"I know, I'm so happy for you" Lexie smiles.

*****************

As soon as they land in Seattle, Carina and Lexie start running to the hospital. Carina finally reaches the hospital drops her stuff somewhere in the hospital and runs to the labor & delivery ward.

"Okay, push now, Amelia" Addison said.

"No! I don't wanna do it without Carina" Amelia says. It hurt to much to climb on the bed so they set her up on the floor.

"Just do it, Amelia, I'm sure Carina will be here soon" Addison had said.

"Okay..." Amelia says really wishing Carina was here right now.

Carina gets to the labor & delivery ward. "I'm here" Carina says a little out of breath.

Amelia had started to push, but got caught a little off guard by Carina coming into the room. "BABE?!"

"I'm here, bella" Carina says as she sits on the floor beside Amelia.

Amelia leans into Carina. "Y-you made it..."

"Of course I did, I'm never letting you go through anything alone" Carina says holding Amelia close.

Amelia wraps her arms around Carina. She can't help, but scream, it hurts.

Carina puts her head against Amelia's. "You've got this Amelia...you're the strongest person I know"

"It's time to push, Amy" Addison says.

Amelia nods a little and starts pushing. "Is she nearly here??"

"I can see her head! Just push Amelia, push!" Addison tells her.

Carina holds Amelia's hand. "You've got this bambina"

Amelia keeps pushing until everything stops. All that can be heard from outside the room is a scream until teeny, tiny, blissful cries fill the room.

Carina smiles big. "You did it my love, she's here!"

Amelia leans her head back, smiling a little. She's so tired, she can't help, but cry as Addison passes her over.

"She's okay, Amelia, she's here" Addison says whilst smiling.

Carina holds Iris whilst her eyes filling up with tears of joy. She finally has a baby. Both she and her fiancé, the love of her life. "Hi piccola" She pulls Amelia close. "She's perfect, Amelia, just like you"

Amelia looks up and smiles at Carina then back down at the baby. She moves some of the blanket out of her face so she can see her. She's beautiful. Her voice goes to a whisper. "She's perfect"

Carina smiles, kissing Amelia's forehead whilst holding their newborn baby.

"Can I come in now?" Lexie asks, standing in the doorway.

Carina nods.

Lexie squats down to see Iris. "She's beautiful"

Carina nods. "Beautiful like her mother. She looks a lot like Amelia too"

"Mothers" Amelia says. "She has Link's nose though"

Carina and Lexie nod.

This is their first time being a family of 3. Amelia, Carina and Iris.

"I'll leave you to rest now, Amelia" Lexie says.

Lexie and Addison both leave the room as Carina, Amelia and Iris drift off to sleep. Carina's still holding Iris in her arms.

******************

A/N: That's the story of how Iris was born. I'm so happy Amelia and Carina finally get to be the moms they deserve to be.