New York Trip Part 2: Mark's Emotional Break Down

Mark's humming to a random song quietly. They're about 10 hours out of New York and he starts feeling really queasy. He always gets carsick on this part of the trip. He looks at Amelia, super pale.

Amelia's literally just pulling into a gas station. She needs to pee. She looks over at Mark. "What's up? You're not saying anything"

"I'm gonna throw up..." Mark says. He opens his door as Amelia stops the car and leans out of it.

Amelia's picking up breakfast for everyone. She's left Mark in the line so she can use the bathroom. She's not sure if that was a mistake or not because Mark seems to know every human being on the planet so he's probably gonna see someone he knows and then boom. An hour conversation.

Mark's now talking to 3 different people in line. He then gets back to the car with the food. He's missing Layla this morning. "Here's everyone's food" Mark says whilst passing the food around taking a sip from his coffee cup.

Amelia walks out of the bathroom to find Mark gone. She realizes he's gone back to the car and head there. "Hey"

"Hey" Mark hands her, her food.

Amelia's holding her fruit bowl. It's not on the menu, but the guy who served them is awesome. Plus, she really wanted fruit.

Mark's eating his bacon and eggs muffin. It's freaking delicious.

Amelia gets back to driving after making sure everyone's okay. "Okay guys!! Almost there now! Vic, you okay?"

"Yes, I'm okay mommy. I'm just excited" Victoria states.

"Awesome! Babe, how are you?" Amelia asks her wife.

I'm good" Carina says smiling.

Amelia smiles back. She continues driving.

Mark's asleep curled up into a ball. He's helping direct Amelia to the hotel. They've just got one room; it's 2 double beds, a single bed and a crib from Iris. He runs inside to check in then comes back out to the car. "We're room 69" Mark carries all their bags into the room and gets unpacked a little.

Amelia also helps bring some things up the stairs. Ya know, she might go and see her own mom. It's not gonna feel right to go without Derek, despite how he's been to her lately, but she's going anyways. She sits on the edge of the bed before lying backwards. She's so tired.

Mark yawns laying on his bed, spreading out like a starfish. "Should we go to the graveyard or nap? It's only 6am..."

"Nap" Amelia says immediately, no questions asked.

"Nap it is" Mark gets under the blankets getting comfy, he wraps his arms around a pillow and immediately drifting off to sleep. This is probably the best sleep he's had in weeks. He's snoring softly. The blankets are pulled up to his chin, so only his head is showing.

Carina's just laying on the bed with Amelia.

Amelia falls asleep next to Carina.

Carina plays with Amelia's hair for a little and then eventually drifts off to sleep herself.

Mark falls out of bed an hour into their nap.

Amelia gets up out of bed and sees if Mark's okay. She then goes back to bed and immediately falls asleep herself.

Carina is still literally just asleep beside Amelia.

Mark's curled up into a ball in the middle of his bed. He then rolls over to face Carina. It's now 9am. "Oh-hello"

"Hi"

Mark stretches. "Mmm"

Amelia's still very much asleep. She was the only one awake the whole car journey.