New York Trip Part 3: Carina and Amelia's IVF Appointment

The next morning, Carina and Mark wake up whilst Amelia, Victoria and Iris are still asleep.

Mark wakes up at 7:30 on Amelia's chest. He's almost on top of her and quickly rolls off to lay back beside her.

Carina had also woken up laying on Amelia chest. She had fallen asleep last night as Amelia was playing with her hair.

Mark sits up, rubbing his eyes gently. "Morning guys" He looks over at everyone.

"Morning" Carina says, getting off Amelia.

Mark grabs a cookie and bites into it. "Omg, yum"

"Sí, they are very good" Carina says.

Mark gets ready for the day. It's a bit of a lazy day, so he just puts on a pair of ripped jeans and a New York City sweatshirt.

Amelia is now up. She's super nervous. What if in 8 weeks everything goes wrong again?

Carina is also a little nervous. It's crazy to think Amelia be pregnant with their kid.

"You okay, babe?" Amelia asks whilst getting Iris and Victoria ready.

"Yup. Are you ready, bambina?" Carina asks whilst helping Amelia get Victoria and Iris ready.

"I think so.. I just need to be more careful this time right?" Amelia asks.

Carina nods. "Yes"

"I can't-I can't go through that again.." Amelia says.

"I know...me too" Carina says.

Amelia starts overthinking.

"I'm sure everything will be fine, bella" Carina says.

"I hope so.." Amelia replies.

"I do too.." Carina says.

Mark seems way more anxious today then he was yesterday. He slowly picks up the packet of weed cigarettes and pulls one out.

The second Mark reaches for the box she asks him to put it down. "Mark, put it down"

"Just one?" Mark's trying to stop his leg from bouncing. He's praying to god his therapist has his anxiety meds ready when they head home. He can already tell it's gonna be a long day with his anxiety at an all time high. Him and Amelia feel the same today, the only difference is he doesn't really have anything to be anxious about.

"No. We can bring you guys with us if that makes you more comfortable" Amelia says.

Mark nods. "I don't know why, but my anxiety is at an all time high today..." He's sniffing the cigarette box hoping the smell alone would calm him down.

"It's understandable. C'mon. Hand them over, please?" Amelia says.

Mark hands them over, his hands shaking. Maybe it's the fact they're going home tomorrow and he's gonna miss it all over again. "Ames? Do we h-have to leave tomorrow?" He says, his voice shaking.

Amelia checks the date. "We're not going until the day after anyways"

"So we have one more day here...I think" Carina says.

Amelia nods.

"Okay" Carina says.

Carina, Amelia, Mark, Victoria and Iris all go to Amelia and Carina's appointment.

*******************

They're now coming back from Carina and Amelia's appointment.

Amelia's asleep in the car. She's getting in as much as she possibly can. She's gonna be driving for ages the day after tomorrow and she knows she has to take things easy. The nap she's taking right now might be the best thing for her.