Wanting To Visit New York Mishap

(This chapter is also kind of talking about suicide)

Mark's really missing his mom today. "C-can we get ice cream?"

"I mean there's ice cream in the house, but I don't mind going to get some" Amelia says.

Mark nods. "It's also moms...moms 1 year today..." He sits at the table crying silently. He doesn't see the point in full sobs anymore. They don't get rid of the pain like they use to. "I miss mom...I just want to go and be with her...and Huxley and James...and my grandparents"

Amelia looks at the calendar on the wall. Crap. It is today. She tries to turn this information into something positive. "Well in that case, we'll go to that ice cream place near Joe's..and we'll get her favorite flavor for her. We can take it and some flowers, to her if you'd like.. I think that may help with the pain a little, ya know?"

Mark nods. "That might help..." He sniffles, wiping his tears. "The only problem is her graves in New York"

"Then let's go" Amelia smiles, turning to Iris who's playing on the carpet in the living room. Iris looks up at them. That's the best part about living in an open plan house. She does her "talking to a baby voice" which is rare. "What do you think Bean? You wanna go get some ice cream?"

Mark gets his jacket on slowly, grabbing his car keys. "How do you plan on getting to New York and back? In such a short time too..."

Amelia didn't think of that. "Well, if we hold on until Carina and Vic are home, we can all go on a road trip? Me and Carina have some time off...plus our appointments in New York the day aft-" She stops coming to the realization that she could literally be carrying her and Carina's next kid in TWO DAYS. Mark also knows nothing about this and now is REALLY not a good time to be telling him.

Mark shrugs. "I just wanna go to sleep and wake up in moms arms...like she used to do when I was upset. Even as an adult in Med school she'd still do it..."

"I know...I'm like that with my mom sometimes too..." Amelia says.

"Or I just wanna go to sleep and never wake up..." Mark says.

Amelia sighs. They're stood nearer to Iris in the living room at this point. She looks around to see her standing all by herself. Literally NOTHING to hold onto. She's looking up at Mark and smiling. She gasps a little. "Omg.."

Mark looks at Iris and immediately tears up again. "Oh.."

That's when Carina and Victoria get home. She opens the door. "Hi, my love"

Amelia can see it in his eyes that he just wants to go over, pick her up and hold her. "Go on...go hold your niece, Mark.." She smiles at him as Carina gets in through the door. Time to approach her with the idea of a road trip rather than a flight. "Babe! Babe!" She jogs over and kisses her and hugs Vic too. "Hey Vic! How was school?"

Carina kisses her wife back.

"It was good, mommy" Victoria says.

Mark picks up Iris and holds her close to his chest, burying his face into her hair. He's missed the familiar baby scent this last few weeks, his lips are trembling as he works incredibly hard to fight back tears.

"Aaah! That's awesome!!! Go put your stuff away, I'm just gonna talk to your mama about some things, okay?" She smiles as she can feel Carina giving her the "oh god what" look.

Victoria smiles. "Okay" She runs upstairs to put her things away.

Mark's crying silently into Iris' head as she babbles away. The sensation of his tears on her head is really uncomfortable to her, this causes her to cry, it's really loud, scream sort of cry. He wasn't expecting the child to be overcome by a dinosaur and gets startled...dropping Iris. Thank god, he's standing over the couch.