Victoria's 10th Birthday

(This is a short chapter)

Today, is Victoria's 10th birthday. She's so very excited. It's March 18. She invited her 5 friends. Penelope Adams, Lily Moore, Anna Hernandez, Isla Cooper and Harper Allen. They met at school yesterday on Vic's first day. Amelia and Carina have their IVF appointment in 3 days at this point.

"I'm so excited, mama!" Victoria says jumping up and down.

The house is already decorated for Vic's birthday.

"I know you are, Vic" Carina says.

****************

Once Penelope, Lily, Anna, Isla and Harper come, Vic decides to open some of her presents. Her friends and family are all there except for Lexie and Layla.

"Vic, we have another surprise for you" Amelia says.

"You do, mommy?" Victoria asks.

Amelia nods. This is when Lexie walks in.

"Auntie Lexie!!" Victoria runs to her and hugs her.

"Hi, sweetheart!" Lexie says hugging her back.

"You came for my birthday!" Victoria says excitedly.

"Yup, I did" Lexie says.

Victoria smiles and tickles Layla a little. Layla giggles.

**************

Victoria finishes opening her presents. Everyone then sings 'happy birthday' to her. She blows out her candles.

Victoria then starts to get a little tired everyone except for Lexie, Layla, Mark and Amara leave.

Victoria is having a hard time falling asleep so Carina sings her favorite song to her.

"I walked across an empty land"
"I knew the pathway like the back of my hand"
"I felt the Earth beneath my feet"
"Sat by the river and it made me complete"

Carina sings as Victoria starts closing her eyes. Carina has the most beautiful voice you've ever heard.

"Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?"
"I'm getting old and I need something to rely on"
"So tell me when you're gonna let me in"
"I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin"

Victoria falls asleep. Carina and Amelia go downstairs and catch up on their lives with Lexie.

****************

A/N: So today was Vic's 10th birthday. 'Somewhere only we know by Keane' is one of my favorite songs so I had to add it in this chapter.