Grayson Everett Sloan Is Born

Amara is at work and she's literally almost 40 weeks pregnant. Her stomach is hurting, but she has a high pain tolerance.

Amelia sees Amara as she's working. "Amara? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be home resting?"

"I know, but I wanted to work. I have nothing else to do" Amara says.

"Rest while you still can. When are you due date? Like next week?" Amelia assumes.

"A week, yeah. I'm fine, Amelia, trust me" Amara reassures.

"You're coming with me" Amelia starts walking with Amara. Amara's fists clench when she's in pain, much like Amelia. Amara's held that pen so tight in her hand, Amelia won't be surprised if it had left an indent on her palm. "So, how are you feeling?"

Amara shrugs a little. "Could be better. Just my stomach hurts, but that's nothing new"

"What do you mean?"

"A few weeks ago, it started hurting again, but then it stopped, now it's hurting again"

"How bad?"

"It's not too bad right now" Amara says.

"That didn't answer my question.." Amelia says.

"I-" Amara starts, but her water breaks right then and there.

"That...that answered my question" Amelia says.

Amara winces as a contraction hits. "Damn-damn it"

Mark's at home, he was drinking a little bit of beer.

"Let's get you to the the labor & delivery room. Want me to call Mark?" Amelia asks her.

"H-he divorced me though" Amara states, most definitely in pain.

Mark decides to text Amelia to see if her, Carina and Amara want to go out to lunch with him and Andrew. He's been staying at Andrew's for a bit. Their gonna have lunch at the small café not far from the hospital. It's like an off brand Starbucks.

Amelia asks Amara's opinion on wanting to tell Mark that she's in labor or not. Amara decided "yes."

Amelia calls Mark as they're in the elevator to get to the labor & delivery ward and tells him Amara's in labor. Mark immediately starts driving to the hospital.

Amara's leaning against the wall in the elevator, focusing on breathing and pushing through the pain.

Once they get to the labor & delivery ward, Amara's gripping onto Amelia's lab coat and manages to get Amara into a bed. Carina takes over from there. That's when Mark gets there too.

Amelia heads back to work.

******************

"Okay Amara, you're 10 centimeters, push" Carina says.

Amara begins pushing. Mark says words of encouragement as she's pushing. "It-it hurts"

"You're doing great, Amara!" Carina says.

Amara has been in labor for 8 hours at this point.

"Push Amara, push!"

Amara pushes again.

*********************

6 minutes later, Amara pushes again one last time and before you know it the baby boy is out.

Carina cleans the little Sloan up and places him on Amara's chest. Mark goes over to Amara and his son.

"Hi little buddy, it's your daddy" Mark whispers, kissing the boys forehead.

Mark decides to hold his son for a while so Amara can rest.