Iris' 2nd Birthday

(This is a short chapter)

It's the day of Iris' birthday. It's March 15. It's been 2 years since she was born. She's turning 2 year old. They're inviting their family and friends to celebrate Iris' birthday. Lexie and Layla are coming too. Mark had met a woman named Amara about 2 months ago. They had sex on the night they met. The condom had broken and she had gotten pregnant. The pregnancy lasted 2 months before she miscarried. They named their son James.

"How the hell is Iris already 2 years old?" Carina asks Amelia.

"I don't know" Amelia says.

Carina turns around smiling at Iris. She tickles her and still smiles as Iris giggles. She loves Iris' laugh.

***************

Once everyone arrives, Amelia and Carina help Iris open her presents. Iris got a few books, new clothes, new shoes, more toys and a magnetic drawing board.

Iris is wearing the cutest little outfit for her birthday. A little rainbow dress for her moms because they're a gay couple and Iris' name literally means rainbow.

Amelia, Carina, Victoria, Mark, Amara, Lexie, Layla, Jackson, April, Harriet, Derek, Meredith, Zola, Bailey, Ellis, George, Arizona, Callie and Sofia all sing 'happy birthday' to Iris. Afterwards, they all eat cake.

**************

Iris plays with her new toys for a while until she her eyes start getting heavy. Amelia and Carina take Iris up to her room and put her in her crib.

Carina and Amelia sing to Iris to put her to sleep. It's Carina and Amelia's favorite song and it's the reason why they named her Iris. Carina and Amelia both have gorgeous singing voices.

"I just don't wanna miss you tonight"
"And I don't want the world to see me"
"Cause I don't think they'd understand"
"When everything's made to be broken"
"I just want you to know who I am"

Iris falls asleep.

After everyone leaves, Amelia and Carina put Victoria in bed and said good night to her. They then get ready for bed themselves.

They cuddle with each other and fall asleep.

******************

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the chapter of Iris' 2nd  birthday. I hope you liked the lyrics of 'Iris by the goo goo dolls' in there. It's the reason they named their daughter Iris.