chaper 5

Aang: Great, you're back! What's for dinner?

Sokka: We've got a few options. First, round nuts and some kind of oval shaped nuts, and some rock shaped nuts that... might just be rocks. Dig in!

Sokka throws one of the nuts that might be a rock over his shoulder. It lands near Momo and lala. Aang ___ and Katara look at each other then back at Sokka.

Katara: Seriously, what else ya got?

Sokka peers with one eye into the bag, hoping to find something else. Momo eyes the nut like object with suspicion. He chitters and picks it up. He taps it on a nearby stone to no effect. Then he cocks back and hits it hard on the stone. A huge, startling noise disrupts the forest's calm. The group and Appa look up at the noise.

Sokka: What was that!?

Momo and lala look at each other, looking befuddled over at Sokka. He turns to look back at the nut like object in his hand. He blinks twice to a cute effect. He drops the nut onto the stone and another huge sound echoes through the forest, startling Momo again. He jumps out of the frame. Aang points.

Aang: It's coming from over there!

Aang grabs ___ and they and Katara rush off in the direction of the noise, leaving Sokka waving his arms at them.

Sokka: Shouldn't we run away from huge booms - not toward them?

they run to see A young earthbender practicing his art in the river bed, and the foue watch him move around a huge boulder.

Katara: An earthbender!

Aang: Let's go meet him!

Sokka: He looks dangerous, so we better approach cautiously.

___: really sokka? you judge people to quickly. but i do agree with him we wouldnt want to startle him

Katara clearly ignored her brother and sister's warning by running way out into the river bed to talk to the young earthbender.

___: katara?!

aang: im "guessing" yooour the mature one of the 3 of you.

___: yep (popping the 'p')

Katara: Hello there, I'm Katara! What's your name?

The boy looks over at Katara in surprise, drops his rock and runs back down the river bed. As he runs, he earthbends a load of rock into the riverbed, blocking there way of finding him

Aang: Nice to meet you!

Katara: We just wanted to say "hi".

___: well if only 'someone' didnt startle him. hey i believe someone told you that.... oh right.. me. but whats done is done. maybe we should follow him? she sonded unsure

Aang: Hey, that guy's gotta be running somewhere, maybe we're near a village and I bet that village has a market!

Katara (excited): Which means no nuts for dinner!

___: well it definatly beets eating nuts.

Sokka: Hey! I worked hard to get those nuts! .....Yeh, I hate'em too.

Aang, ___, Katara and Sokka are in a market. Aang is at a stall trying out a hat.

Aang: Great hat. I'll trade you some nuts for it.

___: is it even possible to trade something for nuts, cuz if he does then that guy must be full of them.

Aang laughs at her joke and then turns to Sokka with the hat on and laughs. Katara has noticed the young earthbender from the river enter a building.