ch 7 part to

Suddenly, from behind Prince Zuko, comes the sound of one pair of hands clapping. Commander Zhao approaches with Fire Nation troops.

Zhao: What a moving and heartfelt performance. I'm certain the Fire Lord will understand when you explain why you betrayed him.

Fire Sage (bowing): Commander Zhao...

Zhao: And Prince Zuko, it was a noble effort. But your little smoke screen didn't work. Two traitors, in one day, the Fire Lord will be pleased.

A Fire Nation soldier moves towards Zuko and grab him. Zuko struggles.

Zuko: You're too late, Zhao. The Avatar's inside and the doors are sealed.

Zhao: No matter. Sooner or later, he has to come out.

Sokka and Katara exchange worried glances.

Roku: I have something very important to tell you, Aang. That is why, when you were in the spirit world, I sent my dragon to find you.

Aang: Is it about that vision? The one with the comet?

Roku: Yes.

Aang: What does it mean? The light of the mountain range fades into a starry night sky. The comet slowly crosses as Avatar Roku speaks

Roku: One hundred years ago, Fire Lord Sozen used that comet to begin the war. He and his firebending army harnessed its incredible power and dealt a deadly first strike against the other nations.

Aang: So the comet made them stronger?

Roku: Yes. Stronger than you could even imagine.

Aang: But that happened a hundred years ago. What does the comet have to do with the war now?

Roku: Listen carefully. Sozen's comet will return by the end of the summer. And Fire Lord Ozai will use its power to finish the war once and for all. If he succeeds, even the Avatar won't be able to restore balance to the world. Aang, you must defeat the Fire Lord before the comet arrives.

Aang: But I haven't even started learning waterbending, not to mention earth and fire.

Roku: Mastering the elements takes years of discipline and practice. But if the world is to survive, you must do it by summer's end.

Zhao: When those doors open, unleash all your firebending power.

Sokka, Katara and Shyu chained to a column

Katara: How's Aang going to make it out of this? not to mention our sister.

Sokka: How're we going to make it out of this?

katara: um did you not hear me mention our sister.

sokka: well who said she was in there. she just dissapeared, she could of left to get appa.

katara: good point... i guess

Aang: What if I can't master all the elements in time? What if I fail?

Roku: I know you can do it Aang, for you have done it before. The solstice is ending. We must go our separate ways...for now.

Aang: But I won't be able to come back to the temple. What if I have questions? How will I talk to you?

Roku: I am a part of you. When you need to talk to me again, you will find a way. He closes his eyes. (he sees Commander Zhao's ships waiting in the bay outside the Fire Temple.) A great danger awaits you at the temple. I can help you face the threat. but only if you are ready.

Aang opens his eyes. They are glowing. He opens his mouth to speak. His mouth is glowing

Aang: I'm ready.