23

Sokka: Hey, you takin' us down for a reason?

Appa is indeed descending. Appa emits a low groan. Aang, still zoned out.)

Sokka: Aang! (Aang flinches) Why are we going down?

Aang: What? (Wiping his forehead with his left hand) I didn't even notice.

They are descending at a steady rate.)

Sokka: Are you noticing now?

Katara: Is something wrong?

Aang: (looking down at the swamp with a slightly fierce expression) I know this is gonna sound weird, but... I think the swamp is... calling to me. (he looks at _ who seems out of it, she is sitting on her knees on the right side of appas saddle, her breathing is so still you cant see her back, shoulder or stomack move with her breathing, its like she isnt, her hands are holding,.. well, are placed on the outlining edge of the saddle. shes completly still. the only thing thats moving is her ponytail and tiny braids one on each side of her head connected to her ponytail, like kataras hairloopies, flowing due to the wind) she can feel it to, right _?

no response

katara: _?

_ snaps out of it

_: hu? what?

aang: you feel it calling, feel the swamp telling us something, dont you?

_: ya, its strong to. its like its telling us to go there. but thats what its telling you. (aang) not me, well, not only.

Sokka: (holding his stomach) Is it telling ya where we can get something to eat?

Aang: No, I... I think it wants us to land there.

Sokka: No offense to the swamp, but I don't see any land there to land on.

katara: what is it telling you _

_: its telling us to go there, both me and aang, but its telling me something or someone is waiting for me to find them, im not entirely sure what... but its important.

Aang: and i don't know... Bumi said to learn earthbending I would have to wait and listen, and now I'm actually hearing the earth. Do you want me and _ to ignore it?

Sokka: Yes! besides, she only hears this because there seems to be some magicy thing between you! my sister was normal before you!

_: are you saying im weird

sokka: no! just the abilities to see hear and do things that seem connected with him!

_: well what if i dont have a problem being connected to him!! (she realizes what she said, her and aang blush, katara smiles knowingly and sokka is just taken by suprise) ok i-i d-did not uh... mean it that way, i um..... lets just head to the swamp.

Katara: I don't know... There's something ominous about that place.

(Momo chitters and appa groans.)

Sokka: See Even Appa and Momo don't like it here.

Aang: Okay, since everyone feels so strongly about this... bye swamp.

Aang: Yip! Yip!

_: hey i voted for swamp.... oh well, its going to bite us in the but for ignoring it

sokka: how is a stupid swamp going to...

As Appa and the gang recede, a huge noise is heard. A moment later a large tornado heads their way. It moves at terrifying speed in pursuit of the kids, tearing up the swamp as it goes. His eyes bulge as he sees what is pursuing them.)