29

Aang is clearly still angry, and Toph appears forlorn. Aang approaches Toph in an aggressive manner

Aang: (enraged) How could you let them take Appa! even the others! Why didn't you stop them?!

Toph: I couldn't! The library was sinking! You guys were still inside and -(Toph swings her arms wide.)

Aang: You could have come to get us! I could have saved him!

Toph: I can hardly feel any vibrations out here. The sandbenders snuck upon me and there wasn't time for -

Aang: You just didn't care! You never liked Appa! You wanted him gone!

(Katara approaches the two in an attempt at peacemaking, and places an arm on Aang's left shoulder.)

Katara: Aang, stop it. You know Toph did all she could. She saved our lives. your not the only one thats hurt

_ is on her knees crying a river

Sokka: Who's going to save our lives now? We'll never make it out of here.

Aang: That's all any of you guys care about: yourselves! You don't care whether Appa jenjen, hotwing or snowflake are okay or not! (Aang stalks off, sulking angrily.)

Katara: We're all concerned, but we can't afford to be fighting now.

Aang: I'm going after Appa.

before aang flies off.

_: (hard voice) wait for me. (he had a small smile but it quickly went away. she held him, Aang flies off. Katara calls after him and _, running towards the spot from which he took off.)

Katara: Aang, _, wait!........ We'd better start walking. We're the only people who know about the solar eclipse. We have to get that information to Ba-Sing-Se.

Sokka: You think if we dig out the giant owl, he'll give us a ride?

Katara is seen leading the rest of the crew, minus Aang _ and Appa and the other pets, thought the desert. Occasional small plants dot the dunes. They are clearly hot, dry, and tired. Sokka tries using Momo and his wings as a hat. As he slows, Toph bumps into him, knocking Momo and lala off Sokka's head and shoulder. momo screaaking angerly at sokka while helping lala up.....aww)

Sokka: (breathing hard) Can't you watch where you're -

Toph: No.

Sokka: Right. Sorry.

(Katara turns to encourage the others.)

Katara: Come on guys, we've got to stick together.
Sokka: If I sweat any more, I don't think sticking together will be a problem.

(Sokka tries to gently pull himself and Toph apart, but Toph cuts to the chase and knocks Sokka down, disconnecting them.)

Toph: Katara, can I have some water?

Katara: Okay, but we've got to try to conserve it.

(Katara bends water from her bag and suspends it between her and the others. She then directs it to each mouth except her own. Sokka swishes the water a bit, and then swallows with a face. He clearly is not impressed with the taste.)

Sokka: We're drinking your bending water? You used this on the swamp guy! (ewwww)

Toph: It does taste swampy.

(Cut to a shot of Momo smacking his lips before he lets out a displeased burp. Katara motions her sense of helplessness.)

Katara: I'm sorry, it's all we have.