42

Toph: Aang, I know swimming is fun and all, (wide shot of Toph, _ Katara, Sokka and Aang lounging around the water.) but do you really think you should be exposing yourself like that. Cover up!

Aang: (through the water, Momo curled up on his chest) What? I'm wearing trunks.

(Toph sitting on the rocks in the background, while Katara wades in the water in the foreground.)

Toph: I know...it's your tattoos (raises arms in frustration) I'm worried about. What if someone sees you?

Katara: (turning toward Toph) There are walls all around us. It's completely safe.

_: yeah, who would see us

(Cut to shot of Aang floating toward us, Momo suddenly perks up and Aang turns to notice something ahead and smiles. Cut to shot of rapids and a tunnel ahead of them. Aang floats into the shot and propels himself down the tunnel.)

_: hey aang wait for me!

Aang/_: (Shot of Aang and _ speeding down through a water-slide like tunnel. Momo is firmly latched on Aangs head as they speed through the twists and turns.) Whoo, hey! (The camera pans over to reveal more of the rock water slide and Aang and _whizzing through it. Cut to close shot of Aang and _ still riding the water slide tunnel and laughing. Cut to outside shot of a Fire Nation Officer 1 lounging on some rocks, fanning himself, while Fire Nation Officer 2 uses his sword handle to clean between his toes in the foreground.)

Fire Nation Officer 1: This has got to be the most boring job in the fire nation. (Cut to shot of Fire Nation Officer 2 smelling his sword handle.) Nothing ever happens. (Fire Nation Officer 2's face fills with shock. Simultaneously, in the background Aang and _ are yelling and falling down a waterfall into a basin of water. Officer 2 turns to look toward the splash, and then ducks down. The two fire nation officers lie on their stomachs behinds some rocks near their posts, peeking toward the waterfall where Aang and _ just landed. Cut to shot of the waterfall. The shot is a circle framed in black, as though someone is looking through a telescope. Aang and _ pops out of the water, into view. Momo is still clinging to his head.)

Aang: (to Momo) Let's go again! (_ began to water bend herself up) come on n/n, sokka isnt paying attention, airbend instead. (she looks sokkas way and sees that hes right, so she does) sweet! (Momo looks hesitant. Aang air bends out of the water springing back up the rocks. The telescope-like camera follows his springing motion up the cliff till he disappears over the other side. Cut to shot of the two Fire Nation Officers huddled cheek-to-cheek, sharing one telescope and shaking with fear They duck back down and face one another)

Fire Nation Officer 1: The Avatar's alive! We better send a messenger hawk to the Fire Lord.

fire nation officer 2: not only that, but a girl that bended both air and water! how is that possible!?

Fire Nation Officer 1 opening a hawk's cage. The hawk wears a Fire Nation Symbol on his chest and steps down on to the Officer's arm. Cut to shot of the back of the hawk. The hawk has a Fire Nation message tube strapped to his back. Fire Nation Officer 1 places a sealed scroll of parchment into the Hawk's tube and closes the lid. Cut back to the front of the Hawk, the camera zooms out as the hawk flies at the camera and then out of the shot.)

Fire Nation Officer 2: A black ribbon message. This is so exciting!

Appa jenjen snowflake, _ , Aang, Toph, Sokka and Katara sleeping near the water. Combustion Man's metallic boots stomping nearby. Cut back to a close shot of Toph with Momo under her arm. Both of them are fast asleep. Toph's eyes suddenly open, waking up Momo. Cut to wide shot of Toph sitting up, her companions waking up behind her.)

Toph: Guys, you're all gonna think I'm crazy, but it feels like a metal man is coming.

(Cut to shot of Aang looking sleepy. Suddenly, a bright light shines in his eye, making him squint. He rubs his eye and looks toward the light source. Cut to a wide shot showing the light source is coming from Combustion Man, who stands at the top of the crater's cliff. Cut to a close up shot of combustion man's metal arm, which is causing moonlight to reflect toward Aang. Cut to an above shot of Combustion Man and the gang below. Cut to a close shot of Combustion Man's fore head tattoo. Next a wider shot of Combustion Man's whole face. He growls and breathes inward.

Cut to a shot of Aang, looking scared and running forward. Cut to a close shot of Combustion Man's stomach, sucking inward as he breathes in deeply. Cut to a close shot of a beam of some sort comes out of Combustion Man's forehead. A wide shot shows the beam headed straight toward Aang. It hits a nearby cliff and explodes.

Aang and the others are blown backward in the explosion. Toph steadies herself and in a wide shot is shown bending a large herd of rocks toward Combustion Man. Combustion Man shoots another beam destroying the rocks and creating an explosion right in front of Toph. Katara attempts to stop his next explosion with water bending, but her efforts are turned into a cloud of steam. Appa roars. Cut to shot of Combustion Man standing in the great steam cloud.

_: this is crazy, how is he doing that

(Cut to close-up shot of Combustion Man's forehead. He growls and the camera zooms out to a full body shot, as he shoots another beam from his forehead. Cut to a shot of the beam flying through a cloud of steam toward some rocks and exploding.

Cut to the Aang and his friends hiding behind a rock, crouched and covering their heads for the explosion. They sit back up.

Sokka: This is crazy! How can we beat a guy who blows things up with his mind?

Aang: (Aang crawls forward) We can. Jump on Appa. I'll try to distract him.

_: aang, are you nuts! dont do it!

aang: i have to try.

(Aang runs into the cloud of steam and disappears. Aang emerges from the top of the cloud and springs up the cliff face. Another beam explodes next to Aang. Cut to a shot of Aang jumping down the other side of the cliff, the orange cloud from the explosion still behind him. Aang slides down the back of the cliff into a field full of rock pillars.

Cut to a shot of Combustion Man running. Cut back to Aang running through the pillars. He chooses one and hides behind it. Combustion Man slides down the back of the cliff face toward Aang. Cut to a shot of Aang breathing hard, his back to a pillar. The camera pans right as he peeks around the pillar and sees Combustion Man. Combustion Man sees him and stops. He shoots a beam toward Aang. Cut to an above shot. Aang's pillar explodes. He runs toward another one but it also explodes. Cut to another shot of the field of pillars. Aang bounces from pillar to pillar, stopping behind one. He earth bends the pillar toward Combustion Man, but it explodes before hitting him. Another beam is directed toward Aang. In slow motion he bends a wall of air around the explosion and is sent flying backward. Cut to a shot of Aang flying through the night sky. He turns and punches through an on-coming pillar of rocks.

Cut to a wide shot of Combustion man running though the field of pillars. He stops where Aang should have landed and looks around. Cut to a close shot of Combustion Man's forehead. Combustion Man walks by a pillar of rocks. The camera zooms in to reveal Aang is hiding inside the wall of rocks, with only his eyes visible. Combustion Man stops and takes another look at Aang pillar. Aang burtst through covered in rock armor. Cut to wide shot of an explosion and Aang is sent flying into the air. As he falls back downward toward the earth, Appa flies into the shot and picks up Aang. Cut to shot of everyone on Appas back. _ holds Aang tightly.)

Aang: (out of breath) I'm ok. (Momo jumps on to Aang's back)

Toph: Well, that was random.

Katara: I don't think so. I get the feeling he knows who we are. (looks at Aang)

_: this is soooo not good

aang: lets just hope we dont see him for a while