54

outside of the Earth Kingdom tavern at night. the group look at June kicking an empty seat into a comfortable position before sitting down and taking a sip from her cup

Sokka: Hey, I remember her. She helped you attack us!

Zuko: Yup, back in the good old days (the group walks towards June.)

June: Oh great, (refilling her cup) it's Prince Pouty. Where's your creepy grandpa?

Zuko: He's my Uncle, and he's not here.

June: (looking at Zuko and Katara and smirking) I see you worked things out with your girlfriend.

(Both Zuko and Katara blush)

Katara: I wasnt his girlfriend back then!

Zuko: She wasnt my girlfriend back then!

_: but they are now (smirks)

june: aw how cute

zuko/katara: shut up!

June: Okay, okay, (puts a hand out) sheesh. I was only teasing. So what you want?

Zuko: I need your help finding the Avatar.

June: Hmph. Doesn't sound too fun. (She takes another drink from her cup while Zuko gets riled up)

Zuko: (a slight outburst) Does the end of the World (June pauses and stares at Zuko) sound like more fun?

(Cut to outside the tavern where Appa and June's shirshu are growling aggressively at each other. Appa then licks the shirshu's face and both of them quiet down. The shirshu turns towards the camera. Cut to June and the group walking towards them.)

June: (lifting up a piece of meat and cajoling) Nyla... (She throws the meat, Nyla catches the meat in a gulp. June affectionately strokes her shirshu) Who's my little snuffly wuffly. (Nyla suddenly shoots out her tongue and June steps back) Whoa! (She gently presses down on Nyla's nose to close her mouth) Careful there. Okay, (gesturing to the group) whose got something with the Avatar's scent on it.

_: I have Aang's staff.

(she sniffs it. Nyla proceeds to sniff and walk around them while the group follows her movements. Nyla continues circling around them and sniffing out Aang's scent. Nyla makes one last round before walking back in front of June and lowering herself on the ground and rubbing her snout with her paws.)

Zuko: (Crossing his arms as _ Katara and Toph look on puzzled behind him) Well, what does that mean?

June: It means your friend's gone.

Toph: We know he's gone, that's why we're trying to find him.

June: No, I mean he's gone gone. He doesn't exist.
_: that doesnt make any sence

Sokka: What do you mean Aang doesn't exist? (Camera zooms out to a full shot of the group and June with her shirshu) Do you mean he's... you know, dead?

June: (patting her shirshu) Nope, we could find him if he were dead. Ah, (gestures her hand out) it's a real head scratcher. (turns back towards her shirshu) See ya.

Toph: Helpful, real helpful.

Zuko: Wait, I have another idea. There's only one other person in this World who can help us face the Fire Lord. I'll be right back with a smell sample.

(he lifts up Iroh's sandal. There are some flies buzzing around it. _ Katara, Suki and Sokka pinching their noses and flinching from the stench.)

Sokka: You saved your Uncle's sweaty sandal?