51

the area near the fountain where everyone is sleeping in a circle. a sleeping Suki, Chit Sang and Hakoda.Teo in his sleeping bag and The Duke are also asleep. Aang who yawns and rubs his eyes after sleeping on Appa. him looking at the fountain with birds surrounding them. The birds fly off and an object flies into screen. Aang immediately gets off Appa and twirls his glider, airbending the object away. the bomb hits the top of the cliff and explodes. More bombs are hurled towards the Western Air Temple from below the clouds. everyone wakes up from the noise. Aang as he runs forward. 3 black shapes coming out from the clouds. the Fire Nation airships rising up from the clouds. A canon from one of the air ships fires. a bridge on the temple as it gets destroyed by a bomb. Aang retreats into it and twirls his staff, airbending a huge gust of air. the fountain to show that he airbended the doors closed. More bombs are hurled and they explode. the ceiling crumbles and shakes. One of the pieces dislodges. Katara looks up.)

Zuko: (pushing her out of the way) Watch out!

(They roll and tumble before the ceiling piece lands at the spot Katara was.)

Katara: What are you doing?!

Zuko: Keeping rocks from crushing you.

Katara: Okay, I'm not crushed. You can get off me now.

(She slides out from under Zuko irritably)

Zuko: I'll take that as a thank you.

(He stands. a wall being crumbled apart to reveal a tunnel. Haru and Toph are the ones who created it.)

Toph: (turns back and points to the tunnel) Come on, we can get out through here!

(Cut to an overhead view of the scene as they evacuate to the tunnel. Cut to Aang who is pulling on Appa's reins towards the tunnel.)

Aang: What are you doing?

Zuko: (Zuko isn't evacuating) Go ahead, I'll hold them off. I think this is a family visit.

_: are you CRAZY!?

(Zuko runs towards the air ships.)

Aang: (looks on, stunned) Zuko, no!

(Sokka and Katara are seen running towards him from behind.)

Sokka: (grabs Aang's shoulder) Come on, we gotta get out of here.

(All 4 proceed to pull on Appa's reins. the partially destroyed air temple doors. Zuko jumps over the crumpled portions. Zuko running. a bomb flying and exploding with black smoke everywhere. Zuko jumps out from the smoke with a smoke sphere around him, unharmed and he starts to firebend. the underside of the airship as it gets hit by Zuko's flames. Zuko's back view as an observation stand rises into screen. Azula looking down from the stand. She is smiling crazily. Azula's airship.)

Zuko: What are you doing here?

Azula: You mean it's not obvious yet (opens her arms out) I'm about to celebrate becoming an only child!

(She flips over the railings and firebends with her feet to Zuko. Azula flips back and the area Zuko was at explodes, covering the entire in black smoke.Zuko is running away from the explosion and falls down from the impact. a pillar breaking apart. the underside of the structure as it shakes. the floor as cracks and fissures rapidly appear. Zuko gets up and runs across the floor. He proceeds to run up a pillar. As the pillar slowly falls, Zuko launches himself off it. Zuko sailing through the air as he firebends his first 2 shots misses the observation stand but the third one finally hits it. the bottom of the observation stand as Azula jumps off and lands below before the flames hit. Zuko is falling rapidly and struggling to hold on to the Fire Nation symbol on the airship. a top view of Zuko who vanishes into the clouds. Azula who stands up and looks on. the crumbling structure of the sleeping area. Toph who grinds her teeth with her hands up. her trying to support the tunnel. Appa can be seen resisting.)