32

Katara: Look, the inner wall. I can't believe we finally made it to Ba Sing Se in one piece.

Sokka: Hey don't jinx it! We could still be attacked by some giant, exploding Fire Nation spoon. Or find out the city's been submerged in an ocean full of killer shrimp.

Toph: You been hitting the cactus juice again?

_: he probably has, tho its hard to tell since my brother is and always will be, a nut case

Sokka: (he glared at his sister then she stook her toung out at him) I'm just sayin', weird stuff happens to us.

(A very strange man with a glossy stare and a large yellow plant in his mouth takes a seat between Toph and Sokka, startling them. Weird music plays as he chews the plant.

Aang looks out the window then closes his eyes sadly.)

Katara: Don't worry Aang _, we'll find Appa and the others.

Aang: It's such a big city.

_: how are we going to find them here.

Sokka: He's a giant bison. and theres a dragon in the city too, when the last dragon was killed by the dragon of the west years ago, who wouldnt talk about having either of them. Where could someone possibly hide them? Oh.

(The car passes through the inner wall and enters the vas, enormous city. Ba Sing Se stretches almost as far as the eye can see, and is riddled with many roads and buildings. Their car finally comes to a stop at the monorail station. All of them disembark and are greeted by another spectacular view of Ba Sing Se.)

Toph: (sighs) Back in the city. Great.

Sokka: What's the problem? It's amazing!

Toph: Just a bunch of walls and rules. You wait; you'll get sick of it in a couple of days.

_: cant be worse then sokkas rules

(Aang looks at the bison whistle resting in his palm. He brings it to his lips and blows it as he looks across the city.)

Aang: I'm comin' for you buddy. He's here. I can feel it.

_: hotwing, return................................. (a tear is shed) i know shes her, they all are. ill find you, i promise

(Behind the group, the monorail cars depart. On the other side of the track is a woman with long dark hair that billows in the wind. She approaches them with an unnatural smile on her face.)

Joo Dee: Hello, my name is Joo Dee. I have been given the great honor of showing the Avatar around Ba Sing Se. And you must be Sokka, Katara, _ and Toph. Welcome to our wonderful city. Shall we get started ?

Sokka: Yes. We have information about the Fire Nation army that we need to deliver to the Earth King immediately.

Joo Dee: Great, let's begin our tour. And then I'll show you to your new home here. I think you'll like it.

(Joo Dee turns around and attempts to lead Aang and his friends.)

Sokka: Augh! Maybe you missed what I said. We need to talk to the King about the war, it's important.

Joo Dee: You're in Ba Sing Se now. Everyone is safe here.

_: uh are you ok?

joo dee: of course im ok, we're in ba sing se. now come along.

(Everyone has a confused look on their face in reaction to Joo Dee's odd statement.

Fade to an overhead shot of the area of the city near the wall. An ostrich horse is pulling a carriage containing Joo Dee, Aang and his friends through the streets. Many shops and refugees line the streets. Cut to a shot inside of the carriage.)