39

last time....

when aang and _ are alone

_: aang, i have to tell you something... something i should have a long time ago

aang: what is it _

_: well, um... you see......

_: well, um... you see...... man how do i tell you this

she sits down, aang then sits next to her

aang: just tell me

_: i dont know how, im scared your going to hate me, i know you will

she puts her fave in her hands, her elbows on her legs

aang: i will and never could, hate you, i care about you and you know that, just tell me

he puts a hand on her shoulder she looks at him

_: ok.... i um.... im the... im the legend ok

aang: what

_: sigh

_: im the legend................

aang pulls her into a tight hug

aang: your the legend

_: y-your your not mad

aang: why would i be mad, _ i care about you, i like you, a lot. i have for a long time, i was worried when you said i was destined to be with someone cuz i didnt want to let you go if it wasnt you, im glad that its you..... how long have you known tho.

_: since the library........ since the winter solstice

aang: well im glad its you

_: im the legend

aang: yep, but you my legend. (kisses the top of her head).... but im fine with waitingalittle longer, if thats what you still want.

_: thank, that means alot.

days later

Aang: I think I see a cave below.

Sokka: Shhush... keep quiet! (The cloud disperses with a blast of airbending to reveal the kids, riding Appa. Sokka dismounts and begins a furtive reconnaissance.) Great job with the cloud camo, but next time, let's disguise ourselves as the kind of cloud who knows how to keep its mouth shut.

Toph: (sarcastically) Yeah, we wouldn't want a bird to hear us chatting up there and turn us in.

Sokka: Hey! We're in enemy territory. Those are enemy birds.

_: how are we related again?

(He points upward to four of the enemy, perched on a rock just behind him. One hops down onto his head and squawks plaintively. The kids laugh. Sokka is unamused. They walk toward the cave, Sokka lurking behind. Of a sudden, he leaps over their heads to ward off some [entirely imaginary] threat. Peering suspiciously about, he dashes into the cave, followed by the rest of the gaang.)

Sokka: Well, this is it. This is how we'll be living until the invasion begins. Hiding in cave after cave...after cave...after cave... (His head drops further to his chest with each repetition of the word.)

Katara: Sokka, we don't need to become cave people. What we need is some new clothes.

Aang: Yeah, blending in is better than hiding out. If we get Fire Nation disguises, we'll be just as safe as we would be hiding in a cave.

Toph: Plus...they have real food out there. Does anyone wanna sit in the dirt and eat cave-hoppers? (She punches the cave wall and several hoppers hop out. Momo lala and faith catche one and begin chowing down. The kids appear revolted.)