40

Aang: (playing hide-and-go-seek) Momo! (He ducks underwater before Momo sees him, resurfacing nearby.) Oh Momo! (He ducks again, surfaces again, and the lemur finally spots him.) Ah! Ha ha, you found me, buddy. (It seems to finally dawn on Aang that he is swimming in toxic filth. He airbends himself up into the saddle.) Hey guys, I think this river's polluted.

(He bends the residual goop off himself, sliming the rest of the gang in the process. Another blast of air and everyone's clean.)

Sokka: (fishing pole in hand) Well, that explains why I can't catch a fish around here. Because normally my fishing skills are... off the hook! Get it? Like a fishing hook?

(The sound of chirping crickets is actually heard...or maybe that's birdsong. Either way, the joke is a flop.)

Toph: Too bad your skills aren't on the hook. (Toph's sally is more successful; the kids laugh, except Sokka, who scowls.)

_: nice (the 12 year old girls high-five)

Katara: It looks like we'll need to go somewhere else to get food. (A long scroll of paper unrolls in front of her.) Assuming that'll fit into Sokka's master schedule.

Sokka: Hm...it's doable. But that means only two potty breaks today!

Aang: Hey, maybe we can get food there.

(He points to the little village of Jang Hui, just visible down river. a secluded spot in the nearby uplands, where Aang is covering Appa with a blanket of turf. Momo is already similarly concealed.)

Aang: Now you look just like a little hill with horns. Bye buddy!

_: snowflake jenjen, you to be good. stay.

(Appa jnenjen and snowflake grumbles. The kids head out.

(the kids standing on the cliffs that overlook the river, surveying the scene.)

Toph: I don't feel anything. Where is this village?
Sokka: It's in the middle of the river!

Dock: Sure is! (Pan down to reveal the village eccentric in his boat.) My name's Dock. Mind if I ask who you are?

Katara: We're, um, from the Earth Kingdom colonies.

Dock: Wow... colonials! Hop on; I'll give you a ride into town.

(They hop, and Dock proceeds towards the village.)

Katara: Why do you guys live on the river?

Dock: Because we're a fishing town. At least that's how it was before the factory moved in. Army makes their metal there. Moved in a few years ago and started gunking up our river. Now our little village is struggling to survive.

_: wow, i cant believe it, its terrible

dock: well hey, what can you do...

(They arrive in town and Aang waves goodbye as the kids head out to explore.)

Aang: Thanks for the ride!

Katara: Look at this place. It's so sad. We have to do something to help.

Sokka: No, we can't waste our time here! We have a bigger mission that we need to stay focused on. These people are on their own!

_: These people are starving, but you turn your back on them?! How can you be so cold and heartless?

katara: thank you for backing me up sis

_: its the right thing to do

Sokka: I'm not turning my back, I'm just being realistic! We can't go around helping every rinky-dink town we wander into. We'll be helping them all by taking out the Fire Lord!