45

Aang and his friends gathered around a campfire underneath a gnarled and twisted tree)
Sokka: Suddenly, they heard something down the hall, in the dark. Oooh... It came into the torchlight. And they knew the blade of Wing - Fun was haunted! Aah-ah...

(Sokka dramatically pulls his sword out and wails in an attempt to be scary. Aang, _, Katara, and Toph are unimpressed.)

Aang: I think I liked "the man with a sword for a hand" better.

Toph: (turns to _) Water Tribe slumber parties must stink.

_: i bet they do... i wouldnt know

toph: right.... sorry

_: is fine, it was my choice to leave and things for me turned out great.

Katara: No, wait, I've got one, and this is a true Southern Water Tribe story.

Sokka: Is this one of those "a friend of my cousin knew some guy that this happened to" stories?

Katara: No, it happened to Mom. (that gets everyones focused their attention) One winter, when Mom was a girl, a snowstorm buried the whole village for weeks. A month later, Mom realized she hadn't seen her friend Nini since the storm. So mom and some others went to check on Nini's family. When they got there, no one was home, just a fire flickering in the fireplace. While the men went out to search, Mom stayed in the house. When she was alone, she heard a voice, (little girl's voice) "It's so cold and I can't get warm." Mom turned and saw Nini standing by the fire. She was blue, like she was frozen. Mom ran outside for help, but... when every one came back, Nini was gone.

(Aang wraps Momo's ears around his head nervously. _ hiding in aangs chest. Sokka is hiding behind a tree trunk and peering over.)

Sokka: Where'd she go?

Katara: No one knows. Nini's house stands empty to this day. But sometimes, people see smoke coming up from the chimney, like little Nini is still trying to get warm.

(the gang huddled around the fire, looking through the twisted tree limbs. Toph gasps and places a hand to the ground.)

Toph: Wait. Guys, did you hear that? I hear people under the mountain, and they're screaming.

(Aang, _, Katara, Momo lala faith, and Sokka all hug each other, trembling with fear. Sokka soon regains his composure.)

Sokka: Pft, nice try.

(Cut back to the shot looking through the tree limbs.)

Toph: No, I'm serious, I hear something.

Katara: You're probably just jumpy from the ghost stories.

_: iii hearrrr it ttoo

Toph: It just stopped.

_: yeaahh

Aang: All right, now I'm getting scared.

Old Woman: Hello, children. (Aang, _, Katara, Sokka, lala, faith, and Momo all scream and run off, revealing her. They all gather around and hug Toph. She walks into the fire's light) Sorry to frighten you, my name is Hama. You children shouldn't be out in the forest by yourselves at night. I have an inn nearby, why don't you come back there for some spiced tea and warm beds?

Sokka: Yes, please.

(Hama smiles and walks away. everyone has gathered around a square table under a single lit lamp in the dining room. They all have cups of tea, and Hama is pouring Katara's.)

Katara: Thanks for letting us stay here tonight. You have a lovely inn.

_: yes, its seems very nice and cozy