9

Aang: Where's Momo and lala

Sokka: This is gonna take forever.

Aang: That works...

___: These are Fire Nation traps-you can tell from the metalwork. We'd better pack up camp, and get moving.

hands a gear roll up to Aang, who is sitting on Appa's head. Sokka sees this. He leaves his roll and walks over to them

Sokka: Ah-ah...no flying this time.

Katara: What?

Aang hands the roll to Sokka, who puts it on the ground.

Aang: Why wouldn't we fly?

Sokka: Think about it. Somehow Prince Zuko and the Fire Nation keep finding us. It's because they spot Appa-he's just too noticeable.

Katara: What! Appa's not too noticeable!

Sokka: He's a gigantic fluffy monster with an arrow on his head-it's kinda hard to miss him!

(Appa turns his head and GROANS at Sokka. Aang is in the 'driver's seat' holding his reigns.)

Aang (gently to Appa): Sokka's just jealous 'cause
he doesn't have an arrow.

___: I really hate to say it aang. I REALLY hate to say it. but sokkas right.

Sokka: I know you all want to fly, but my instincts tell me we should play it safe this time and walk.

Katara: Who made you the boss?

Sokka: I'm not the boss-I'm the leader.

___: is there a difference

aang shrugges

Katara (incredulous): You're the leader? But your voice still cracks!

Sokka: I'm the oldest and I'm a warrior. (tries to speak deeper) So...I'm the leader!

Katara: If anyone's the leader, it's Aang. I mean, he is the Avatar.

Sokka: Are you kidding-he's just a goofy kid!

Aang, dangling from Appa's horn: upside-down by his hands with his legs sticking out into space with ___. Appa looks rather unimpressed.

Aang: He's right.

Katara: Why do boys always think someone has to be the leader? I bet you wouldn't be so bossy if you kissed a girl.

Sokka: I-I've kissed a girl-you...just haven't met her.

___: Who? Gran-gran? we've met Gran-gran.

aang: ooh burn. nice one n/n

they high-five

Sokka: No-besides Gran-gran. Look, my instincts tell me we have a better chance of slipping through on foot and a leader has to trust his instincts.

Katara: Okay, we'll try it your way Oh Wise Leader.

(ang steps over, now wearing a backpack. Momo is sitting on the top.

Aang: Who knows-walking might be fun.

(Cut to the forest. Between trees the group trudges along, with Sokka in front, followed by Aang/Momo, ___/lala Katara and Appa)

Aang: Walking stinks! How do people go anywhere without a flying bison?

Katara: I don't know Aang. Why don't you ask Sokka's instincts-they seem to know everything.

Sokka: Ha ha. Very funny.