17

Sokka (petulantly): I'm not one to complain, but can't Appa fly any higher? (Hes clearly tired. He glides lower, his feet brushes the water.)

Aang: I have an idea, why don't we all get on your back and you can fly us to the North Pole?

Sokka: I'd love to! Climb on everyone (he wiggles his butt at everyone), Sokka's ready for takeoff!

(Momo and lala jump up on Sokka in response to his invitation.)

_: sometimes I wonder where you got your brains from. mom and dad were smart, right?

Katara: Look, we're all just a little tired and cranky because we've been flying for two days straight.

Sokka: And for what? We can't even find the Northern Water Tribe. There's nothing up here.

(Suddenly a noise is heard up ahead. Ice is moving rapidly towards Appa. Aang screams and pulls Appa's reigns to starboard. Appa banks right and avoids the ice, but almost tips his passengers off the saddle, who hang on for dear life. Appa then banks left as another jet of ice erupts out of the waves, but this one slams into Appa's underside, who drops in an uncontrolled spin into the water. Out of the icebergs several ornate wooden skiffs come to surround Appa. They are manned by people in water tribe garb.)

Katara: They're waterbenders! We found the Water Tribe!

_: finally

Appa swimming in formation with the Water Tribe boats. Aang gets up and points ahead.

Aang: There it is!

(Cut to a view of an ice wall with towers and turrets.)

Katara: The Northern Water Tribe...

Sokka: We're finally here...

_: its beautiful, and this is just the outside...

Katara: I can't believe how many waterbenders live up here!

Aang: We'll find a master to teach us, no problem!

_: why do i get the feeling only one of us will

Katara: This place is beautiful.

Sokka (looking dreamily at the girl as he boat moves away): Yeh, she is.

_: someones got a crush

later at the cities plaza

Chief Arnook (standing to address the crowd): Tonight, we celebrate the arrival of our brother and sisters from the Southern Tribe, and they have brought with them someone very special, someone whom many of us believed disappeared from the world until now. The Avatar! (The crowd cheers.) We also celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday. (the beautiful girl with the white hair, flanked by two attendants, walking up to the table. They all bow, smiling.) Princess Yue is now of marrying age.

(Sokka looks at her with wide eyes.)

Princess Yue: Thank you, father. May the great Ocean and Moon Spirits watch over us during these troubled times.

Chief Arnook: Now, Master Pakku and his students will perform!

(The Chief motions towards three men who now stand on the dais in front of the fountain opposite the dignitaries' table. The center man is clearly the eldest with a bald head, but long white hair on the sides of his head and down his back. The begin waterbending water from three enormous amphorae in front of them. The crowd begins to cheer. Aang _ and Katara who look at each in utter delight while they clap. As the waterbending show continues, Sokka stuffing his face full of food. A figure walks behind him and sits down next to him. It is Princess Yue. He gulps his mouthful and tries to strike a cool pose next to her.)