33 part 2

The Tale of Aang

(This tale's title card fades into an aerial shot of the city as Aang soars down over it on his glider. The shot cuts to a mostly deserted street, save for one man walking alone, as Aang lands on it, twirling his glider back into a staff. Shot cuts to Aang walking down the street, which is lined on both sides with various cages and pens built into the rock. Aang passes each pen and looks in to see different creatures looking sad and depressed, his expression matching theirs. He stops and looks up into a cage where a group of dragon flies, which look like very small dragons with small wings like an insect's. Shot cuts to him looking down into another pen which is a pit to see another baboon-like creature lying on the ground, apparently very bored. Shot cuts to an armadillo lion gnawing at the bars that keep him in. It looks up as Aang approaches.)

Aang: (Kneeling down and holding his hand out) Hey there, fella. You look hungry. (The creature roars loudly causing Aang to jump back in surprise) Ahh!

(The armadillo lion curls up into a ball and rolls away in its pen as the zookeeper walks behind Aang, sweeping.)

Zookeeper: Hm! They are hungry. (Shot cuts to the zookeeper and Aang walking together through the zoo) The Dai Li won't give me any money because the kids stopped coming. And the kids won't come because my zoo's nasty and broke.

Aang: (Looking into a cage) What kind of animal is that?

Zookeeper: Oh, that's rabbiroo. I wish I could get her a big open prairie like she likes. (Cut to show the depressed creature) I'd let her hop her way to happiness.

Aang: (Smiling) Let's do it!

Zookeeper: Say again?

Aang: There's a big open space right outside the walls of the city.

Zookeeper: But how are you gonna transport all these wild critters?

Aang: (Grinning) Don't worry. I'm great with animals.

(With a loud crash, the shot cuts to a group of monkey-like creatures wreaking havoc in one of the shops in the city, throwing pottery and breaking things. The owner comes in swinging a broom in an attempt to save his shop and manages to send one of them flying, Shot cuts to the creatures fleeing the shop and into the street just as an elephant mandrill comes stampeding down it while people run for their lives. In the background another group of people come running out of an ally covering their heads to escape the dragon flies that fly over them. A platypus bear enters the street and stands on its legs, swinging and growling as more people scream and run away. It pursues a group down an ally and the armadillo lion comes rolling in and runs off in another direction. Cut to a shot of the rabbiroo devouring cabbages from a pile. The shot cuts back to show that the creature is assaulting none other than the Cabbage Merchant's cart who is desperately trying to save his beloved cabbages.)

Cabbage Merchant: MY CABB-- (The rabbiroo looks up at him with a cabbage in its mouth. It chews it a bit and returns to the cart.) --oh, forget it!

(Shot cuts to several people in the street covering their heads as dragon flies hover over them. Aang descends into the street and uses his staff to shoo the creatures away with airbending. He uses a large blast of air to knock all of them out of the street.)

Aang: (Scratching his head) This was so much easier in my head!

(Getting an idea, Aang snaps his finger and reaches into his shirt to pull out his bison whistle. He flips the whistle into the air and, using airbending, inhales a great amount of air. Then, catching the whistle, he blows into it with huge force. The whistle squeals louder and higher than usual, as the shot pull back to show a shockwave of sorts emitting from where Aang is and through the city as the whistle's sound spreads. Shot cuts to the monkey-like creatures from earlier, one with a pot over its head still, which hear the sound and run off. The dragon flies, who apparently found new people to terrorize, hear it and abandon their targets to investigate. The rabbiroo, still devouring cabbages as the Cabbage Merchant sobs in the background, leaves the cart as she hears the whistle as well.

Shot cuts to Aang riding his air scooter down a street blowing the bison whistle. Cut to an ally where we see Aang fly by on the main street, a large stampede of creatures follow him, with a very slow turtle seal bringing up the rear. Shot cuts to the zookeeper talking with two guards at the wall.)

Zookeeper: But you have to open this gate!

Guard 1: Or what?

Zookeeper: (Pointing behind himself) Or that!

(Cut to Aang quickly approaching on his air scooter, still blowing the whistle, with a huge number of animals chasing him.)

Guard 2: (Cut back to him standing by the wall) Open the gate!

(Shot pulls back to show the massive wall of Ba Sing Se opening to allow Aang through. As Aang reaches the opening, he stops blowing the whistle and jumps off his scooter and onto his glider. The creatures plow through the opening as he soars up and over the wall. On the other side, the creatures are shown coming out of the opening and starting to spread out as the run in all directions. Cut to shot that shows Aang soar down behind the running animals and onto his air scooter again. As he rides, he punches the ground causing a large wall of earth to rise as he rides in a large circle creating a pen to block the fleeing animals. Once he finishes, he jumps off his scooter and lands in the center of the pen he just made. He earthbends again, causing a square portion of the ground to descend and create a small pit. He turns around and brings his arms up high to cause a large pillar of earth to rise, then turns and punches outward which, when the shot pulls back, shows him making more walls to separate the animals.

Shot cuts to show, apparently after Aang had finished, a large area of rock walls and pens all situated like a zoo made from Aang's earthbending. Shot cuts to show the guards and the zookeeper entering, all looking amazed at what Aang just did. A group of kids, all laughing and smiling, push past them and run in. Shot cuts to show the entirety of Aang's new zoo as people move around the newly formed pens and examine the animals. Shot cuts to show the rabbiroo drinking from a pond then looking up at one of the guests as three infant rabbiroo poke up from its pouch. Cut to Aang speaking with the zookeeper beside one of the pens.)

Aang: Well, Mr. Zookeeper, how do you like your new facilities?

Zookeeper: Excellent job, Avatar. You should think about working with animals for a living.

(Aang looks behind him as a guest's voice catches his ear.)

Child visitor: (Pointing into one of the pens) Mommy, Ms. Snowflake got out of the house again.

Adult Visitor: (Shot shows a hissing cat in of the pens) Fluffykins (Cut to the guest's face) What are you doing down there?

(Shot cuts to show the cat hissing at the elephant mandrill it's sharing a pen with.)

Zookeeper: On second thought, (Cut to him and Aang) you should probably stick to saving people.

Aang: (Laughs nervously)